RE: [Friesland-genealogy] Aldert Jans van der Laan

  • Ray Laurens van Kooten
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28 2:56 PM
      Thanks for that what is from birth-announcement in LC?? Is that on line

      Ray

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 29 7:03 AM
        Ray,

        Goto http://www.archiefleeuwardercourant.nl
        Fill field HOME (simple searching) with: Laan-Postma 1944
        and then press the green button ZOEK IN HET ARCHIEF (search)
        Select one of the found items (they are both the same) and you will see a copy of the birth-announcement in de Leeuwarder Courant (LC) of 2 sePt 1944:

        In plaats van kaarten
        Geboren SIJTSKE, dochter van
        A. v.d. LAAN
        TJ. v.d. LAAN-POSTMA
        Giekerk, 30 Aug. 1944

        Translation:
        Instead of cards.
        Born SIJTSKE, daughter of
        A. v.d. LAAN
        TJ. v.d. LAAN-POSTMA
        Giekerk, 30 Aug. 1944

        In the same way (with searchkey: Laan-Faber Familieberichten) I found the death-announcement of Jan Alderts on 12-12-1955:

        Heden overleed zeer onverwacht
        onze lieve man, vader, behuwd-
        en grootvader
        Jan Alderts v d Laan
        in de ouderdom van bijna 78 jaar
        Giekerk 12 Dec 1955
        De diepbedroefden
        S v d Laan-Faber
        A v d Laan
        Tj v d Laan-Postma
        Sietske

        Translation:
        Today died very sudden our beloved husband,
        father, father-in-law and grandfather
        Jan Alderts v d Laan
        at the age of nearly 78 jaar
        Giekerk 12 Dec 1955
        De heartbroken
        S v d Laan-Faber (widow)
        A v d Laan (son)
        Tj v d Laan-Postma Daughter-in-law)
        Sietske (granddaughter Sijtske)

        All these announcements can be copied and stored in your own system. This is one of the greatest ways to find informations of family and affairs in Friesland for the last 1,5 century. You only have to find out the best way of asking questions, Simple (possibility HOME) or extended (UITGEBREID ZOEKEN).
        A lot of family-announcements can be found in the category FAMILIBERICHTEN, were LC stored most of the announcements. Dates can possibly be found in the category BURGERLIJKE (Public Affairs) were lots of birth, death and marriage are stored. But their is also a lot of normal journey-articles about people and affairs.

        Met vriendelijke groet,

        Oebele Bijlsma
        Hattem