Re: Digest Number 141

  • Bopboom@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2000
      This is my Beppe's family. I would like to hear from others researching this
      family. I can read Dutch but not write it very well. Margaret (Hovinga)
      Madden

      Descendants of Monse Sjoerds (MONSMA)
      Generation No. 1

      1. MONSE1 SJOERDS. He married TJITSKE CORNELIS November 20, 1768 in
      Witmarsum, Friesland, Netherlands. Monse was a Master Smith.
      Child of MONSE SJOERDS and TJITSKE CORNELIS is:
      2. i. CORNELIS MONSES2 MONSMA, b. August 03, 1770, Witmarsum, Friesland,
      Netherlands; d. January 14, 1827, Makkum, Friesland, Netherlands.

      Generation No. 2

      2. CORNELIS MONSES2 MONSMA (MONSE1 SJOERDS) was born August 03, 1770 in
      Witmarsum, Friesland, Netherlands, and died January 14, 1827 in Makkum,
      Friesland, Netherlands. He married HILTJE JANS HAGA August 04, 1793 in
      Makkum, Friesland, Netherlands, daughter of JAN HAGA and TJITSKE JOBS.
      Child of CORNELIS MONSMA and HILTJE HAGA is:
      3. i. JOHANNES BAREND FELMER3 MONSMA, b. February 02, 1802, Woudsend,
      Friesland, Netherlands; d. January 14, 1867, Engelum,Friesland,Netherlands.

      Generation No. 3

      3. JOHANNES BAREND FELMER3 MONSMA (CORNELIS MONSES2, MONSE1 SJOERDS) was
      born February 02, 1802 in Woudsend, Friesland, Netherlands, and died January
      14, 1867 in Engelum,Friesland,Netherlands. He married GRIETJE YMENS DE VRIES
      February 02, 1828 in Menaldumadeel,Friesland,Netherlands, daughter of YMEN DE
      VRIES and ANTJE DE VRIES. Notes for JOHANNES BAREND FELMER MONSMA:
      Gravesmit.
      Child of JOHANNES MONSMA and GRIETJE DE VRIES is:
      4. i. MINNE JOHANNES4 MONSMA, b. November 26, 1841, Makkum, Friesland,
      Netherlands; d. July 25, 1903, Piens, Friesland, Netherlands.

      Generation No. 4

      4. MINNE JOHANNES4 MONSMA (JOHANNES BAREND FELMER3, CORNELIS MONSES2, MONSE1
      SJOERDS) was born November 26, 1841 in Makkum, Friesland, Netherlands, and
      died July 25, 1903 in Piens, Friesland, Netherlands. He married (1) TAETSKE
      HILBRANDS TANJA October 12, 1873 in Menaldumadeel, Friesland, Netherland,
      daughter of HILBRAND TANJA and MAARTJE POST. He married (2) TAETSKE
      HILBRANDS TANJA December 10, 1873 in Menaldumadeel,Friesland,Netherlands,
      daughter of HILBRANT TANJA and MARTJE POST. Minne Monsma was a labourer.
      Child of MINNE MONSMA and TAETSKE TANJA is:
      5. i. MAATJE MINNES5 MONSMA, b. September 29, 1876, Engelum, Friesland,
      Netherland; d. November 16, 1952, Beetgum, Fr., Neth..

      Generation No. 5

      5. MAATJE MINNES5 MONSMA (MINNE JOHANNES4, JOHANNES BAREND FELMER3, CORNELIS
      MONSES2, MONSE1 SJOERDS) was born September 29, 1876 in Engelum, Friesland,
      Netherland, and died November 16, 1952 in Beetgum, Fr., Neth.. She married
      PIEBE PIERS HOVINGA May 10, 1900 in Menaldum, Friesland, Netherlands, son of
      PIER HOVINGA and PIETJE DE VRIES.
      Children of MAATJE MONSMA and PIEBE HOVINGA are:
      i. MINNE PIEBES6 HOVINGA, b. April 04, 1901, Beetgum, Friesland,
      Netherlands; d. May 10, 1922; Stepchild.

      Notes for MINNE PIEBES HOVINGA:
      Minne was a Military Police Officer. Cause of Death: Pnemonia from fall into
      canel.

      ii. BABY PIEBES HOVINGA, b. 1902, Beetgum, Friesland, Netherlands; d.
      Beetgum, Friesland, Netherlands. Cause of Death: RH-Neg blood disease
      (blue-baby)

      iii. BABY PIEBES HOVINGA, b. 1903, Beetgum, Friesland, Netherlands; d.
      Beetgum, Friesland, Netherlands. Cause of Death: RH-Neg blood disease
      (blue-baby)

      6. iv. PIER PIEBES HOVINGA, b. December 18, 1909, Beetgemurmolen Holland; d.
      May 20, 1980, Trenton, ON, Canada.

      Generation No. 6

      6. PIER PIEBES6 HOVINGA (MAATJE MINNES5 MONSMA, MINNE JOHANNES4, JOHANNES
      BAREND FELMER3, CORNELIS MONSES2, MONSE1 SJOERDS) was born December 18, 1909
      in Beetgemurmolen Holland, and died May 20, 1980 in Trenton, ON, Canada. He
      married GEERTJE ROMKES TALSMA July 04, 1935 in Menaldamadeel, Friesland,
      Netherlands, daughter of ROMKE TALSMA and GRIETJE LOONSTRA.

      Children of PIER HOVINGA and GEERTJE TALSMA are:
      i. ROMKE PIERS HOVINGA, b. November 21, 1937, Beetgumermolen, Fr.,
      Netherlands.
      ii. PETER PIERS HOVINGA, b. July 17, 1939, Beetgumermolen, Menaldumadeel,
      Friesland.
      iii. MINNE PIERS HOVINGA, b. June 15, 1941, Beetgunermolen, Fr.,
      Netherland.
      iv. JAN PIERS HOVINGA, b. January 30, 1948, Zuid Laren, Drente,
      Netherlands.
      v. MARGARET PIERS HOVINGA, b. December 01, 1950, Belleville, Hastings
      Co., Ontario. (This is me)
    • margarethovinga
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2013
        My new e-mail address is
        margarethmadden@...
        Hoping to hear from anyone regarding the Monsma family.