Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Re: Visser Family

  • Rogier Visser
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 6, 2011
      Hi,

      The birth that I found in 1831 is definitely incorrect; I forgot about
      the year 1839/1840.
      I did found another possible hit. There are some clues that support it
      (year, initials, name of mother) and other that don't (name, and name
      of father), but perhaps it's worth investigating.

      Gemeente: Hellevoetsluis
      Kind: Aard Visser
      Geslacht: M
      Geboortedatum: 16-10-1839
      Vader: Arend Visser
      Moeder: Gerritje Schoon

      Best
      Rogier

      On 5 November 2011 20:02, klaaspera <pera@...> wrote:

      > Hi Will,
      >
      > Your ancestor's name was spelled differently in the USA. I tried to find Dutch equivalents for those variations (e.g. "Arie" for "Ira"), but all my efforts to search for him in a Dutch birth register appeared to be in vain.
      >
      > With kind regards,
      >
      > Klaas Pera
      >
      > --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Will John <will.john@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Klaas,
      > > The age Andrew gives on the Census corresponds with the age given on his record of marriage in 1875 (then 35) and with his death at age 57, both in the newspaper obituary and the record of death.  I viewed these dates as you did, giving him a birth of late 1839/1840.
      > > The name recorded in the Census as Eddie, corresponds to their daughter Katherine.  Andrew's death record in 1897 states of he is the father of 8 children, 5 living - which matches the informaion Delia gives in the 1900 US Census.
      > > Best Wishes,
      > > Will

    • Will John
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 7, 2011
        Greetings,

        Thank you for your suggestions on possibilities for Andrew Fisher.  I will do the follow up on these leads.  You can see that he provides a unique mystery.

        Best Wishes
        Will