Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Hiemstra-Weidema Family

  • Henk Dijkstra
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 5, 2011
      Try Persoonskaart, available at CBG

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Nynke van den Hooven
      To: Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2011 5:13 PM
      Subject: RE: [Friesland-genealogy] Hiemstra-Weidema Family

      Hi Dirk,

      For a new query please send a new message with a subject line covering the
      content of your message.

      Unless Tjitte and Wypkjen's children died before 1942 it may turn out to be
      hard to find information.

      On www.graftombe.nl <http://www.graftombe.nl/> or
      http://www.online-begraafplaatsen.nl/ you might try to find tombstone
      information.

      Another source (if they all stayed in Friesland) could be
      http://www.archiefleeuwardercourant.nl/index.do , which is the archive of
      the Leeuwarder Courant, where you might search for death notices.

      Deze vond ik al:

      Begraafplaats Franeker alg

      Huite Hiemstra, geboren 25-05-1894, overleden 07-07-1949

      buried with

      Pieterdina Gorter, geboren 16-06-1893, overleden 19-03-1969

      Hun huwelijk in 1920 is op Tresoar te vinden.

      Met vriendelijke groet

      Nynke van den Hooven

      _____

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 5, 2011
        Hi Will,

        Your ancestor's name was spelled differently in the USA. I tried to find Dutch equivalents for those variations (e.g. "Arie" for "Ira"), but all my efforts to search for him in a Dutch birth register appeared to be in vain.

        With kind regards,

        Klaas Pera

        --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Will John <will.john@...> wrote:

        > Hello Klaas,
        >
        > The age Andrew gives on the Census corresponds with the age given on his record of marriage in 1875 (then 35) and with his death at age 57, both in the newspaper obituary and the record of death.  I viewed these dates as you did, giving him a birth of late 1839/1840.
        >
        > The name recorded in the Census as Eddie, corresponds to their daughter Katherine.  Andrew's death record in 1897 states of he is the father of 8 children, 5 living - which matches the informaion Delia gives in the 1900 US Census.
        >
        > Best Wishes,
        > Will
      • Rogier Visser
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 6, 2011
          Hi,

          The birth that I found in 1831 is definitely incorrect; I forgot about
          the year 1839/1840.
          I did found another possible hit. There are some clues that support it
          (year, initials, name of mother) and other that don't (name, and name
          of father), but perhaps it's worth investigating.

          Gemeente: Hellevoetsluis
          Kind: Aard Visser
          Geslacht: M
          Geboortedatum: 16-10-1839
          Vader: Arend Visser
          Moeder: Gerritje Schoon

          Best
          Rogier

          On 5 November 2011 20:02, klaaspera <pera@...> wrote:

          > Hi Will,
          >
          > Your ancestor's name was spelled differently in the USA. I tried to find Dutch equivalents for those variations (e.g. "Arie" for "Ira"), but all my efforts to search for him in a Dutch birth register appeared to be in vain.
          >
          > With kind regards,
          >
          > Klaas Pera
          >
          > --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Will John <will.john@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello Klaas,
          > > The age Andrew gives on the Census corresponds with the age given on his record of marriage in 1875 (then 35) and with his death at age 57, both in the newspaper obituary and the record of death.  I viewed these dates as you did, giving him a birth of late 1839/1840.
          > > The name recorded in the Census as Eddie, corresponds to their daughter Katherine.  Andrew's death record in 1897 states of he is the father of 8 children, 5 living - which matches the informaion Delia gives in the 1900 US Census.
          > > Best Wishes,
          > > Will

        • Will John
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 7, 2011
            Greetings,

            Thank you for your suggestions on possibilities for Andrew Fisher.  I will do the follow up on these leads.  You can see that he provides a unique mystery.

            Best Wishes
            Will