RE: [Friesland-genealogy] Re: Hibma Family

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 29, 2010
      Klaas, Tom,

      Their marriage is listed three times, because it was recorded in three
      different sources. See below.

      Barradeel, marriages 1772

      Record: Confirmation marriage on 10 May 1772 in Pietersbierum

      Man: Herke Meinderts from Pietersbierum

      Woman: Grietje Attes from Wijnaldum

      Source: Collection Baptism-, Marriage and Church members books (DTBL)

      Marriage register Dutch Reformed Church Sexbierum 1619-1811; inventory no.:
      DTB 107

      Barradeel, marriages 1772

      Record: Confirmation marriage op 10 mei 1772 in Pietersbierum

      Man: Herke Meinderts from Pietersbierum

      Woman: Grietje Attes from Wijnaldum

      Source: Collection Baptism-, Marriage and Church members books (DTBL)

      Marriage register Dutch Reformed Church Wijnaldum 1617-1810; inventory no.:
      DTB 114

      Barradeel, marriages 1772

      Record: Confirmation marriage op 10 mei 1772 in Pietersbierum

      Man: Herke Meinderts from Pietersbierum

      Woman: Grietje Attes from Wijnaldum

      Source: Collection Baptism-, Marriage and Church members books (DTBL)

      Marriage register Barradeel Court 1654-1784; inventory no.: DTB 95

      As you can see the marriage was registered in both the Pietersbierum and the
      Wijnaldum church marriage register as well as in the marriage register of
      the Barradeel Court. The entries in the church books are logical (places of
      domicile of bride and groom). The entry in the Court register might imply
      that nor Herke nor Grietje was a member of the State Church (= the Dutch
      Reformed Church).

      I had a quick look on Tresoar and indeed it seems that none of their
      children was baptised.

      Lieuwkje Joukes Anema was apparently from Sexbierum at the time of her
      marriage to Atte Heerkes. There is an entry in the Pietersbierum as wel in
      the Sexbierum church marriage register.

      Atte and Lieuwkje didn't have their children baptised either.

      Maybe both their families were Mennonite (anabaptist)?

      .

      Kind regards,

      Nynke van den Hooven

      _____

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 29, 2010
        Thank you for the information. I found more about that family in a Dutch document I have and the file that I posted in this group as "Anama history". it's on page 5. One question, why would Attes Herekes have the name Hibma? His father's name was Meinderts and mother's was Attes.
        Thanks, Tom

        --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Nynke van den Hooven <nynkevandenhooven@...> wrote:

        > Klaas, Tom,
        >

        > Their marriage is listed three times, because it was recorded in three
        > different sources. See below.
        >

        > Barradeel, marriages 1772
        >
        > Record: Confirmation marriage on 10 May 1772 in Pietersbierum
        >
        > Man: Herke Meinderts from Pietersbierum
        >
        > Woman: Grietje Attes from Wijnaldum
        >

        > Source: Collection Baptism-, Marriage and Church members books (DTBL)
        >
        > Marriage register Dutch Reformed Church Sexbierum 1619-1811; inventory no.:
        > DTB 107
        >

        > Barradeel, marriages 1772
        >
        > Record: Confirmation marriage op 10 mei 1772 in Pietersbierum
        >
        > Man: Herke Meinderts from Pietersbierum
        >
        > Woman: Grietje Attes from Wijnaldum
        >

        > Source: Collection Baptism-, Marriage and Church members books (DTBL)
        >
        > Marriage register Dutch Reformed Church Wijnaldum 1617-1810; inventory no.:
        > DTB 114
        >

        > Barradeel, marriages 1772
        >
        > Record: Confirmation marriage op 10 mei 1772 in Pietersbierum
        >
        > Man: Herke Meinderts from Pietersbierum
        >
        > Woman: Grietje Attes from Wijnaldum
        >

        > Source: Collection Baptism-, Marriage and Church members books (DTBL)
        >
        > Marriage register Barradeel Court 1654-1784; inventory no.: DTB 95
        >

        > As you can see the marriage was registered in both the Pietersbierum and the
        > Wijnaldum church marriage register as well as in the marriage register of
        > the Barradeel Court. The entries in the church books are logical (places of
        > domicile of bride and groom). The entry in the Court register might imply
        > that nor Herke nor Grietje was a member of the State Church (= the Dutch
        > Reformed Church).
        >
        > I had a quick look on Tresoar and indeed it seems that none of their
        > children was baptised.
        >

        > Lieuwkje Joukes Anema was apparently from Sexbierum at the time of her
        > marriage to Atte Heerkes. There is an entry in the Pietersbierum as wel in
        > the Sexbierum church marriage register.
        >
        > Atte and Lieuwkje didn't have their children baptised either.
        >
        > Maybe both their families were Mennonite (anabaptist)?
        >
        > .
        >
        > Kind regards,
        >
        > Nynke van den Hooven
        >

        > _____

      • M.J.Sluijter
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 29, 2010
          _____

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 29, 2010
            Martin,

            Bijlages worden in de groep niet geaccepteerd. Het is dus praktischer om die
            rechtstreeks naar de "belanghebbende" te mailen.

            Met vriendelijke groet

            Nynke van den Hooven

            _____

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 29, 2010
              Tom,

              Meinderts and Attes are patronyms, not family names. In the northern
              provinces of the netherlands it quite uncommon to use family names until
              1811, when Napoleon decreed that every Dutch family head should have one.

              Before 1811 people were identified by their patronym, i.e. the genitive of
              their father's name. Heerke Meinderts means, Heerke, son of Meindert. Which
              is nice, because that way you know that Heerke Meinderts father's name was
              Meindert and his father-in-law's name was Atte.

              Heerke may have ah dan ancestor by the (first) name of Hibbe.

              Kind regards

              Nynke van den Hooven

              _____

              Thank you for the information. I found more about that family in a Dutch
              document I have and the file that I posted in this group as "Anama history".
              it's on page 5. One question, why would Attes Herekes have the name Hibma?
              His father's name was Meinderts and mother's was Attes.
              Thanks, Tom

              --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:Friesland-genealogy%40yahoogroups.com> , Nynke van den Hooven
              <nynkevandenhooven@...> wrote:

              > Klaas, Tom,
              > >
              > Their marriage is listed three times, because it was recorded in three
              > different sources. See below.
              >
              > Barradeel, marriages 1772
              > Record: Confirmation marriage on 10 May 1772 in Pietersbierum
              > Man: Herke Meinderts from Pietersbierum
              > Woman: Grietje Attes from Wijnaldum
              >
              > Source: Collection Baptism-, Marriage and Church members books (DTBL)
              > Marriage register Dutch Reformed Church Sexbierum 1619-1811; inventory
              no.:
              > DTB 107
              >

              > Barradeel, marriages 1772
              > Record: Confirmation marriage op 10 mei 1772 in Pietersbierum
              > Man: Herke Meinderts from Pietersbierum
              > Woman: Grietje Attes from Wijnaldum

              > Source: Collection Baptism-, Marriage and Church members books (DTBL)
              > Marriage register Dutch Reformed Church Wijnaldum 1617-1810; inventory
              no.:
              > DTB 114
              >
              > Barradeel, marriages 1772
              > Record: Confirmation marriage op 10 mei 1772 in Pietersbierum
              > Man: Herke Meinderts from Pietersbierum
              > Woman: Grietje Attes from Wijnaldum
              >
              > Source: Collection Baptism-, Marriage and Church members books (DTBL)
              > Marriage register Barradeel Court 1654-1784; inventory no.: DTB 95
              >
              > As you can see the marriage was registered in both the Pietersbierum and
              the
              > Wijnaldum church marriage register as well as in the marriage register of
              > the Barradeel Court. The entries in the church books are logical (places
              of
              > domicile of bride and groom). The entry in the Court register might imply
              > that nor Herke nor Grietje was a member of the State Church (= the Dutch
              > Reformed Church).
              >
              > I had a quick look on Tresoar and indeed it seems that none of their
              > children was baptised.
              >
              > Lieuwkje Joukes Anema was apparently from Sexbierum at the time of her
              > marriage to Atte Heerkes. There is an entry in the Pietersbierum as wel in
              > the Sexbierum church marriage register.
              >
              > Atte and Lieuwkje didn't have their children baptised either.
              > Maybe both their families were Mennonite (anabaptist)?
              >
              > Kind regards,
              > Nynke van den Hooven
              <snip>

            • afke
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 30, 2010
                Hi Tom,

                Lieuwkje Joukjes Annema born on 20-5-1772 was baptitized on conformation
                on 8-2-1824. Atte Heerkes Hibma was farmer on the farm Roosjenstein in the village Pietersbierum. Jouke her second son was married with Beitske Gerkes Gercama (my Family). Jouke was farmer in Sexbierum on a farm who belong to the family Annema. In 1830 Lieuwkje lived with her son Meindert Attes on Roosjestein.In 1840 came Herke Attes on the farm. He was widower. After the death of Lieuwkje Herke Attes became a farm next to Roosjenstein. Riemer Attes and Meindert Attes they stay on Roosjenstein. Maybe you have all this information.
                Regards,
                Afke Aardema
                --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "tahibma" <t.hibma@...> wrote:

                > I sorry I don't write or speak Dutch but I'm looking for information about my Hibma family before 1773.
                > I know Atte Heerkes Hibma[born in 1773] married Lieuwkje Joukes Anema in Pietersbierum 1795 but the history doesn't go further back. I hope someone can help me trace the family before that time.
                > Thank you for your help.
                > Tom Hibma

              • tahibma
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 30, 2010
                  Thank you so much for the information. Eveyone here gives me pieces to the puzzle.
                  Tom