Jelle Schaap born 1894/1895 Leeuwarden son of Herman Schaap

  • cummins0745@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 21, 2010
      Looking for family members of Jelle Schaap, the son of Herman Schaap. Lived at 1911 Spanjaardlaan, Leeuwarden. Jelle's nephew is Herman Judovicus Lorie. I have posted a photo of who I think is Jelle Schaap and his bride on this site. Please go to "Photos" Jelle Schaap to view it. Jelle Schaap joined the army in 1914.

      Thank you,

      Jo Ann Cummins
      cummins0745@...
    • Willy Scheffer-Sloot
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
        geboorte / aangifte
        - / 24-01-1895

        kind
        Jelle Schaap

        geslacht

        vader
        Haring Schaap

        moeder
        Epkje Beneken

        bron
        Geboorteregister 1895, Leeuwarden, Aktenummer 56gr willy

        To: Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
          geboorte / aangifte
          - / 08-09-1874

          kind
          Herman Douwe Schaap

          geslacht

          vader
          Haring Schaap

          moeder
          Sjoerdtje Pekelsma

          bron
          Geboorteregister 1874, Leeuwarden, Aktenummer 627

          nadere informatie
          Kind door ouders erkend bij huwelijksakte d.d. 13-12-1876gr willy

          To: Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
              Jo Ann,

              Is the other picture the back side of the same photo? It is in Greek. The
              woman next to (possibly) Jelle Schaap on the picture is wearing traditional
              Greek dress, as far as I can tell.

              Met vriendelijke groet
              Nynke van den Hooven

              To: Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
                Yes the other side of the picture is the mystery writing. I've been told it is Greek letters but in pondiak dialect. Pondioi were the Greeks who lived in North Greece and across the Black Sea Then another source said it was written in Friesland? I am hoping some relatives might see the photo and recognize the man.

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
                  Jo Ann,

                  Are you sure Jelle’s father’s name was Herman?

                  I did find the following Jelle Schaap:

                  Birth certificate Leeuwarden, 1895

                  Registration date 24 januari 1895, cert. no. 56

                  Jelle Schaap, born 23 january 1895

                  Son of Haring Schaap and Epkje Beneken

                  Met vriendelijke groet

                  Nynke van den Hooven