Research sources for Workum & Sloten

  • John
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2009
      I am looking for sources other than Tresoar that might have information for Workum and Sloten for 1500's and 1600's. Does anybody know or could you list possible sources?

      Thank you,
      John

      DEN 26 AUGUSTUS IS INDEN HEERE GERUST DIE EERSAME JACOB
      JACOBS BORGEMEYSTER EN ONTFANGER IN WORKUM EN LEIT HIER BEGRAVEN
      OUT 56 JAER ANNO 1678

      On the 26th of august the honorable Jacob Jacobs was called to our Lord (translated one on one: on 26th of august is rested in the Lord)

      Mayor and taxcollector in Workum lies buried here, at the age of 56, in the year 1678