Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Dutch/Frisian??

  • Betsy
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9 5:34 PM
      Good to know I uise a Frisian-Dutch dictionery compiled by Raymond Fisher Baukje Berendina Atema----- Original Message -----
      From: Esther van Rems-Dijkstra
      To: Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 11:43 AM
      Subject: Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Dutch/Frisian??

      Hi Joni,

      I live in Bolsward near Sneek, in Sneek and area around it people speak
      Frisian and sometimes StadsFrisian (dialect mixture of Frisian and Dutch). I
      don't speak Frisian but Dutch, my neighbours speak Frisian and the
      neighbours across the street speak StadsFrisian........
      So there is no common rule.

      Esther

      --
      Get Firefox!