Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Translation help requested

  • René Duba
    Message 1 of 40 , Feb 3, 2008
      On 3 Feb 2008 at 15:43, Betsy wrote:

      > I am trying to learn Frisian becaue I am
      > Frisian....but since the Friesland Genealogy Groups
      > material is in Dutch I should have bought the Dutch
      > tapes insead. Does anyone know how and wherkI can
      > find them?

      Tapes would be especially useful if your want to become fluent in
      Dutch or Frysian. If you want to read the archives, a dictionary will be
      more useful. Many words are uncommon though, old-fashioned
      words that cannot be found in a simple dictionary. So just ask.

      Dutch is very much the language of the archives.

      René Duba
    • Betsy
      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 9, 2008
        Thank you very much Rene. It's difficult to "do" genealogy when one cannot read the language. I'll continue to try to learn as much as I can. Dank u wel Baukje Berendina Atema