Re: Translation help requested

  • bdejong99
    Message 1 of 40 , Feb 3, 2008
      Baukje, I've found that a Dutch-English dictionary is helpful as well
      as the free online translation websites. The more you work with
      sites like tresoar the more you will find the same Dutch words.
      Before you know it, you get the essential information.

      Regards,
      Betty (Boukje)

      --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Betsy"
      <betsyagravatt@...> wrote:

      > You are not alone...re ability to read Dutch Baukje Berendina
      Atema I am trying to learn Frisian becaue I am Frisian....but since
      the Friesland Genealogy Groups material is in Dutch I should have
      bought the Dutch tapes insead. Does anyone know how and wherkI can
      find them? The Frisian tapes and books were a gift ...long ago.
      Baukje Berendina Atema.

      Generaal of
      > Monster, he marries to Hermina Meussink who lives in Enschede. The
      > residence of the regiment was also Enschede. Here Generaal van
      Monster may
      > be The general named Van Monster. Monster is als the name of a
      village in
      > the provence of South-Holland.
      > People have familynames that refer to a village where they live
      (d).

      > Douwe Huisman

    • Betsy
      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 9, 2008
        Thank you very much Rene. It's difficult to "do" genealogy when one cannot read the language. I'll continue to try to learn as much as I can. Dank u wel Baukje Berendina Atema