RE: [Friesland-genealogy] Riem Family

  • P. van Diemen
    Message 1 of 18 , May 4, 2007
      Baukje,

      If you want to publish a book -probably with low circulation- you may want
      to check http://www.lulu.com/
      They print books from electronic media at low numbers.

      Success,
      Philip van Diemen

      Message 2 of 18 , May 9, 2007
        Hi Marianne,

        Acoording to the marriage certificate of your great-grandfather he is indeed
        a son of Hendrik Riem and Johanna Bader so the link to the data on my
        website is confirmed.

        Have a nice day,
        Tjerk Tigchelaar

        >Your great-grandfather most probably born 11-30-1862 in Harlingen was in
        >that case a son of Hendrik Riem, born 6-2-1839 and Johanna Bader, born
        >2-17-1838. They married in Harlingen 9-17-1863.
      • Marianne Campbell
        Message 3 of 18 , May 11, 2007
          I just wanted to thank Tjerk for finding out about my Great-Grandfather's parents. I am going to do a family tree. My Papa finds this to be great. He said his father would have been amazed about this. Is there any more information about my Great-Grandmother Hiltje Wever born 1-25-1865 Harlingen when she died and her family. Does anyone know of a genealogy group in Limburg that is were I was born and I would like to check up on my Mama's family too. Also a couple of years ago someone in the Nederland contacted my Papa about a book about the Riem family, does this exist and if so does anyone know where I could get a copy.

          Thanks,

        • Cor
          Message 4 of 18 , May 15, 2007
            Hello Marianne.

            In Tresoar in Leeuwarden I found:

            ANSWER:
            akte 21
            Hiltje born 25 january 1865 in local authority Harlingen akte (document) 21.
            Daughter from Jan Wever, old 35 year, porter and Antje de Wit.
            They are living in Harlingen.

            Jan Jacobs Wever deceased 13 april 1872 in local authority Harlingen akte
            35.
            Married with Antje de With.

            Hiltjes brother:
            Jan born 30 september 1867 in local authority Harlingen.
            Married 9 may 1895 akte 20 Harlingen with Idske Balt ,
            born 28 october 1875 in local authority Harlingen .
            Daughter from Tjalling Balt and Popkje Wielinga.
            Tjalling deceased 26 january 1879 in Harlingen.

            Succes with this data , Cor.

            Subject: [Friesland-genealogy] Riem Family

            I just wanted to thank Tjerk for finding out about my Great-Grandfather's
            parents. I am going to do a family tree. My Papa finds this to be great. He
            said his father would have been amazed about this. Is there any more
            information about my Great-Grandmother Hiltje Wever born 1-25-1865 Harlingen
            when she died and her family. Does anyone know of a genealogy group in
            Limburg that is were I was born and I would like to check up on my Mama's
            family too. Also a couple of years ago someone in the Nederland contacted my
            Papa about a book about the Riem family, does this exist and if so does
            anyone know where I could get a copy.

            Thanks,
          • Tjerk Tigchelaar
            Message 5 of 18 , May 18, 2007
              Hi Marianne,

              This is the link to a Limburg genealogy group:

              About the death of Hiltje Wever, this most probably is her deathcertificate:
              Overlijdensakte Harlingen, 1909
              Aangiftedatum 4 december 1909, akte nr. 142
              Hiltje Wever, vrouw, overleden 3 december 1909
              Oud 44 jaar, gehuwd

              or:
              Deathcertificate Harlingen
              Notification given on December 4th 1909, certificate nr. 142
              Hiltje Wever, female, died December 3d 1909
              44 years of age, married

              I could not find anything about a Riem boek, sorry.

              Have a nice day,
              Tjerk