Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Riem Family

  • Tjerk Tigchelaar
    Message 1 of 18 , May 4, 2007
      Hi Marianne and Ernst-Jan

      > III. Hendrik Pieters Riem, born Harlingen 17 may 1784, baptised
      > Harlingen (Westerkerk) 6 june 1784, labourer (1813, 1826), died Harlingen
      > 18
      > august 1826, married Harlingen 10 june 1813 to Sipkje Folkerts Bakker,
      > born
      > Harlingen 13 july 1785, baptised Harlingen (Grote kerk) 26 july 1785,
      > maid-servant (1813), no occupation (1826, 1834, 1843, 1848, 1859), died
      > Harlingen 26 december 1859, daughter of Folkert Jeens (or Jennes) [Bakker]
      > en Rigtje Wytses; she remarried Karst Thomas' van der Meulen (widower of
      > her
      > sister-in-law Hinke Pieters Riem).
      > From this marriage:
      > 1. Pieter Hendriks Riem, born Harlingen 6 april 1814. Possibly
      > identical to the Pieter Hendriks Riem mentioned on Tjerk Tigchelaar's
      > website, who was born about 1815 and married to Agnietje Piers van Arum,
      > the
      > grandparents of your great-grandfather Pieter, born 1862.
      > 2. Christiaan Hendriks Riem, born Harlingen 16 february 1816.
      > 3. Rigtstje Hendriks Riem, born Harlingen 8 august 1819, no
      > occupation
      > (1843, 1844, 1865), died Harlingen 28 june 1888, married Harlingen 21
      > december 1843 Jacob Keijser, born Harlingen 29 november 1819, blacksmith's
      > assistant (1843), blacksmith (1844), died Harlingen 25 october 1860, son
      > of
      > Gerrit Gerrits Keyzer and Marijke Jacobs de Vries.

      Next Tuesday I will check whether Pieter Hendriks, mentioned on my website
      is identical to Pieter Hendriks, mentioned by Ernst-Jan although I am pretty
      sure of it. Anyhow, we want proof of that.

      Tjerk
    • Marianne Campbell
      Message 2 of 18 , May 4, 2007
        Hi Baukje:
        No it does not have anything to do with publishing it is Information Technology. If I had any kind of book I would send it to the publishers of the Harry Potter books they seem to take risks.

        Marianne Campbell, PMP
        Desktop Support & Communications
        Productivity & Support Services
        15th Floor, Metro Hall
        55 John Street
        Toronto, ON
        M5V 3C6
        (416) 338-1242
        mcampbe0@...

        >>> betsyagravatt@... 5/3/2007 7:41 PM >>>

        Hi Marianne Campbell

        Can you tell me about your "Desktop Support & Communications"? Has it to d with publications? I have a history book written by my deceased husband and need to know how to go about it. Baukje Berendina Atema
        Message 3 of 18 , May 4, 2007
          Bedankt ! My Grandson Reeves spent 4 yers at Gettysburg College studying Japanese language and culture with a minor in CHinese and "picked up" Korean on his own ... and now he is doing what you are doing Information Technology for the Merchant Marine Academy at Kingsport Ne York.....

          What a fascinating explosion of technology has happened becasue of the invention of Computers. Now if I could learn to utilize it fully ! Thanks for responding. Baukje Berendina Atema

          You hit the nail right on the head. This is definetely my family. My grandfather was born July 3rd, 1896. I thank you so very much. My father is going to be flabbergasted when I tell him what you found out for me.
          Thanks so much and I am looking forward to your email after next Tuesday. When I was eighteen (more years than I would like to remember) I went to the Kermus in Leeuwarden and had a great time.

          Marianne Campbell, PMP
          Desktop Support & Communications
          Productivity & Support Services
          15th Floor, Metro Hall
          55 John Street
          Toronto, ON
          M5V 3C6
          (416) 338-1242
          mcampbe0@...

          >>> tjerk@... 5/3/2007 2:54 PM >>>

          >Sorry it is the last name my great grandfather's first name was Pieter Riem
          >and his son was Jacobus Riem.
          >Thanks,

          Hi Marianne,

          The only Jacobus Riem with a father, named Pieter was born in Harlingen July
          3d 1896. A short overview of his family:

          Pieter Riem married Hiltje Wever 12-20-1888 Harlingen
          Hiltje most probably born 1-25-1865 Harlingen, daughter of Jan Wever and
          Antje de Wit
          From this marriage
          Hendrik, born 6-29-1889 Harlingen
          Jan born 11-9-1890 Harlingen
          Johannes born 2-3-1893 Harlingen
          Johanna born 9-7-1894 Harlingen
          Jacobus born 7-3-1896 Harlingen your grandfather
          Hendrikus born 1-16-1898 Harlingen
          Pieter born 5-27-1899 Harlingen
          Antje born 10-3-1900 Harlingen

          Your great-grandfather most probably born 11-30-1862 in Harlingen was in
          that case a son of Hendrik Riem, born 6-2-1839 and Johanna Bader, born
          2-17-1838. They married in Harlingen 9-17-1863.

          His ancestors and relatives can be found at my website
          www.tjerktigchelaar.nl

          From the introduction page please follow the link to the Ti(g)chelaar
          family. In the left panel on that page you can find a lot or Riem relatives.
          I did some basic research on them because they are related by marriage to my
          Ti(g)chelaar relatives.

          Next Tuesday, when I will be in the archives in Leeuwarden, I will check
          whether your great-grandfather really was a son of the above mentioned
          Hendrik Riem and Johanna Bader.

          Truly yours,
          Tjerk Tigchelaar

        • P. van Diemen
          Message 4 of 18 , May 4, 2007
            Baukje,

            If you want to publish a book -probably with low circulation- you may want
            to check http://www.lulu.com/
            They print books from electronic media at low numbers.

            Success,
            Philip van Diemen

            You hit the nail right on the head. This is definetely my family. My
            grandfather was born July 3rd, 1896. I thank you so very much. My father is
            going to be flabbergasted when I tell him what you found out for me.
            Thanks so much and I am looking forward to your email after next Tuesday.
            When I was eighteen (more years than I would like to remember) I went to the
            Kermus in Leeuwarden and had a great time.

            Marianne Campbell, PMP
            Desktop Support & Communications
            Productivity & Support Services
            15th Floor, Metro Hall
            55 John Street
            Toronto, ON
            M5V 3C6
            (416) 338-1242
            mcampbe0@...

            >>> tjerk@... 5/3/2007 2:54 PM >>>

            >Sorry it is the last name my great grandfather's first name was Pieter Riem

            >and his son was Jacobus Riem.
            >Thanks,

            Hi Marianne,

            The only Jacobus Riem with a father, named Pieter was born in Harlingen July

            3d 1896. A short overview of his family:

            Pieter Riem married Hiltje Wever 12-20-1888 Harlingen
            Hiltje most probably born 1-25-1865 Harlingen, daughter of Jan Wever and
            Antje de Wit
            From this marriage
            Hendrik, born 6-29-1889 Harlingen
            Jan born 11-9-1890 Harlingen
            Johannes born 2-3-1893 Harlingen
            Johanna born 9-7-1894 Harlingen
            Jacobus born 7-3-1896 Harlingen your grandfather
            Hendrikus born 1-16-1898 Harlingen
            Pieter born 5-27-1899 Harlingen
            Antje born 10-3-1900 Harlingen

            Your great-grandfather most probably born 11-30-1862 in Harlingen was in
            that case a son of Hendrik Riem, born 6-2-1839 and Johanna Bader, born
            2-17-1838. They married in Harlingen 9-17-1863.

            His ancestors and relatives can be found at my website
            www.tjerktigchelaar.nl

            From the introduction page please follow the link to the Ti(g)chelaar
            family. In the left panel on that page you can find a lot or Riem relatives.

            I did some basic research on them because they are related by marriage to my

            Ti(g)chelaar relatives.

            Next Tuesday, when I will be in the archives in Leeuwarden, I will check
            whether your great-grandfather really was a son of the above mentioned
            Hendrik Riem and Johanna Bader.

            Truly yours,
            Tjerk Tigchelaar

            Genealogy yn Fryslân: http://www.genealogy-yn-fryslan.tk/.

          • Tjerk Tigchelaar
            Message 5 of 18 , May 9, 2007
              Hi Marianne,

              Acoording to the marriage certificate of your great-grandfather he is indeed
              a son of Hendrik Riem and Johanna Bader so the link to the data on my
              website is confirmed.

              Have a nice day,
              Tjerk Tigchelaar

              Message 6 of 18 , May 11, 2007
                I just wanted to thank Tjerk for finding out about my Great-Grandfather's parents. I am going to do a family tree. My Papa finds this to be great. He said his father would have been amazed about this. Is there any more information about my Great-Grandmother Hiltje Wever born 1-25-1865 Harlingen when she died and her family. Does anyone know of a genealogy group in Limburg that is were I was born and I would like to check up on my Mama's family too. Also a couple of years ago someone in the Nederland contacted my Papa about a book about the Riem family, does this exist and if so does anyone know where I could get a copy.

                Thanks,

              • Cor
                Message 7 of 18 , May 15, 2007
                  Hello Marianne.

                  In Tresoar in Leeuwarden I found:

                  ANSWER:
                  akte 21
                  Hiltje born 25 january 1865 in local authority Harlingen akte (document) 21.
                  Daughter from Jan Wever, old 35 year, porter and Antje de Wit.
                  They are living in Harlingen.

                  Jan Jacobs Wever deceased 13 april 1872 in local authority Harlingen akte
                  35.
                  Married with Antje de With.

                  Hiltjes brother:
                  Jan born 30 september 1867 in local authority Harlingen.
                  Married 9 may 1895 akte 20 Harlingen with Idske Balt ,
                  born 28 october 1875 in local authority Harlingen .
                  Daughter from Tjalling Balt and Popkje Wielinga.
                  Tjalling deceased 26 january 1879 in Harlingen.

                  Succes with this data , Cor.

                  Subject: [Friesland-genealogy] Riem Family

                  Message 8 of 18 , May 18, 2007
                    Hi Marianne,

                    This is the link to a Limburg genealogy group:

                    About the death of Hiltje Wever, this most probably is her deathcertificate:
                    Overlijdensakte Harlingen, 1909
                    Aangiftedatum 4 december 1909, akte nr. 142
                    Hiltje Wever, vrouw, overleden 3 december 1909
                    Oud 44 jaar, gehuwd

                    or:
                    Deathcertificate Harlingen
                    Notification given on December 4th 1909, certificate nr. 142
                    Hiltje Wever, female, died December 3d 1909
                    44 years of age, married

                    I could not find anything about a Riem boek, sorry.

                    Have a nice day,
                    Tjerk