lubbert lubbertsen van westervelt and willem lubbertsen

  • welafong1
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 23, 2007
      dear sirs
      my 8th gnerration Father lubbert lubbertsen was born about
      1620 he and his brother came to new amsterdam in 1662. i am trying to
      find out more informatiom about them before they left for new
      amsterdam .who was there mother and father etc etc is there any body
      who could help me .
      thank you
      richard {westervelt} westerfield
    • Herman van der Woude
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 23, 2007
        Dear Richard,

        I wonder if you have any idea where in the Netherlands your ancestor Lubbert
        Lubbertsen and his brother (name?) were born. "Lubbertsen" is a patronyme,
        as you probably know (=the name of the father, meaning Lubbert Lubbertsen =
        Lubbert, son of Lubbert), and as such it does not give any clue where to
        find more information.

        With kind regards,
        Herman van der Woude

        my 8th gnerration Father lubbert lubbertsen was born about
        1620 he and his brother came to new amsterdam in 1662. i am trying to
        find out more informatiom about them before they left for new
        amsterdam .who was there mother and father etc etc is there any body
        who could help me .
        thank you
        richard {westervelt} westerfield

      • Esther van Rems-Dijkstra
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 23, 2007
          Hi Richard,

          Can you give more details, name of the brother f.e.
          Do you have any other indicators (is it the Westervelt-line or from a whole
          other line). Since may people named their children after their parents, can
          you give us the names of his children (and the names of the children of his
          brother). Do you have any idea where they are from, what Province or are you
          guessing it would be Friesland?

          All the best
          Esther

          --
          Get Firefox!

        • richard westerfield
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 23, 2007
            dear sir
            they where born in mapple. but i can not prove that. i know that there name is from friesland {a bright person}. this information about the brothers is from the genealogy of the westervelts by walter tallman westervelt if you would like i could send you a copy a lot of the book is wrong be fore 1662 there is a lot of wrong information
            thank you
            richard {westervelt} westefield

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 23, 2007
              Mapple, that probably is Meppel, this city is not in Friesland. That is in
              the Province Drenthe, it is very close to Friesland though so they could
              originate from Friesland.

              Esther

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 23, 2007
                Or they coul not. Meppel is also close to the province of Overijssel and
                even to Germany.

                Herman van der Woude

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 23, 2007
                  Lubbert Lubbertsen Van Westervelt
                  1 LUBBERT, the emigrant, brother of Willem Lubbertsen, also settled on Long Island immediately after his arrival in New Amsterdam, for on the 15th of December, 1662, he applied to the Schout and schepens of Flatbush for a building plot on the west side of the village and on the south side of the main road, as per Liber B, folio 14 of Flatbush records. Later he purchased, on the 20th of Aug., 1670, from Jan Miserol, a house at ìRusten- burch,î the local name of the southerly side of Flatbush, as per Liber A, folio 10, of Flatbush records. In Oct., 1673, he sold his farm lands obtained in 1662, to Cornelus Janse De Seen, for the sum of 4,0000 guldens, and from this it may be inferred that he discontinued the life of a planter for a time and resided in the house purchased from Jan Miserol in 1670. No evidence is found of his having made any further purchases of lands on Long Island. To the above cited conveyances he signed himself LUBBERT LUBBERTS.
                  Prior to 1676 he removed from Flatbush, L.I., to Hackensack, N.J., then a sparsely settled community. He and his wife transferred their church membership from Flatbush to the congregation at Bergen, Oct. 2, 1676, as no organization existed in Hackensack at so early a period. The marriages of his children, Lubbert, Roelof, Jan, Margrietje and Maritie, are all recorded in the Bergen church.
                  The civil history of Hackensack antedates the church organization but a few years. Then backwards, up to 1641 or 1642, when it was a trading post, there is almost a perfect blank. At that time a colony was established about five or six hundred paces from the village of the Hackensack Indians, under their sachem, Oritany, but constant and serious pillages soon led to the ruin of the settlement. Its name is thought to signify a con- fluence of rivers, referring probably to the Passaic and Hackensack. The word is spelled in a variety of ways: Haghkinsack, Hackquinsack, Hachensack, Hackingsack, Hackensack, Yaccin- sack, Ackensack, Hagensack, Hackensackey, Hackingkeshachy, Ackenkeshacky. In the old church records it is called Ackensack.
                  At the organization of the Dutch Church at Hackensack, July 29, 1686, the Reverend Peter Taschemaker states, at the opening of the records of his congregation, that he found 33 members, all of whom had formerly connected themselves with churches on
                  Long Island or at Bergen, which was organized in 1662. Among this number are found the names of LUBBERT LUBBERTSE, the elder, and his wife Geesie (Grace) Roelofse; also those of his son, Lubbert, the younger, with his wife, Hilletie Pauwelse, and daughter Maritie.
                  In Aug., 1687, his sons Roelof, Jurrien, and daughter Margrietje, became members.
                  The locality where Lubbert, senior, resided at Hackensack has not been ascertained. A most exhaustive examination of the records for deeds in the Proprietorís office, at Perth Amboy, and the Secretary of Stateís office, at Trenton, N.J., failed to give the desired information. That he was a man of some property is known from the fact that he disposed of his lands on Long Island for 4,000 guldens ($1,600), then a considerable sum, and without doubt he made further purchases of lands in New Jersey.
                  Lubbert was born about 1620 and married about 1645; he died soon after 1686. No mention is made of him, either in church or civil records, subsequent to that year. Of his personal appearance, characteristics, nothing is known except that he was a man in good circumstances for the times in which he lived, having reached the years of about ìthree score and ten.î
                  His wife, Geesie, was still living on the 27th of Dec., 1696, when she was a sponsor at the baptism of her grandson, Roelof Pouluse, son of her daughter Margrietje.

                  Issue as follows:
                  2 Margrietje, b. at Meppel, Holland, Jan. 24, 1647; m.
                  Martin Pouluse* at Bergen, March 25, 1694. A member of the church at Hackensack in Aug., 1687.
                  3 Maritie, b. at Meppel, Holland, July 2, 1654; m. Hen-
                  drik Epke Banta, at Bergen, Nov. 17, 1678. A member of the church at Hackensack in 1686.
                  4 Jan, date of birth unknown; m. Magdalena van Blar-
                  com. He was still living on the 25th of Dec., 1698. No issue found.
                  +5 Roelof, born at Meppel, Holland, March 10, 1659.
                  +6 Lubbert, junior; date of birth unknown.
                  +7 Jurrien; date of birth unknown, but subsequent to
                  1662.

                    2007/3/23, richard westerfield <welafong1@yahoo. com>:

                    > dear sir
                    > they where born in mapple. but i can not prove that. i know that there
                    > name is from friesland {a bright person}. this information about the
                    > brothers is from the genealogy of the westervelts by walter tallman
                    > westervelt if you would like i could send you a copy a lot of the book
                    is
                    > wrong be fore 1662 there is a lot of wrong information
                    > thank you
                    > richard {westervelt} westefield

                    Get Firefox!

                  • Herman van der Woude
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 23, 2007
                      With the data you supplied us, I guess that you don't have anything more
                      about Lubbert an Willem, their parents etc., I suggest that you ask your
                      question in the Usenet newsgroup news:soc.genealogy.benelux. It is much
                      'broader' than this newsgroup you are writing in now, because this newsgroup
                      is only about people with Frisian ancestry (though there are enough people
                      around to help you if they can).

                      Good luck!
                      Herman van der Woude

                      Or they coul not. Meppel is also close to the province of Overijssel and
                      even to Germany.

                      Herman van der Woude

                      Mapple, that probably is Meppel, this city is not in Friesland. That is in
                      the Province Drenthe, it is very close to Friesland though so they could
                      originate from Friesland.

                      Esther

                      2007/3/23, richard westerfield <welafong1@yahoo. com>:

                      > dear sir
                      > they where born in mapple. but i can not prove that. i know that there
                      > name is from friesland {a bright person}. this information about the
                      > brothers is from the genealogy of the westervelts by walter tallman
                      > westervelt if you would like i could send you a copy a lot of the book
                      is
                      > wrong be fore 1662 there is a lot of wrong information
                      > thank you
                      > richard {westervelt} westefield

                    • John VanBuskirk
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 23, 2007
                        I hope this helps. In myu study ofVan Buskirks in theNew York Hackinsack area there were many marriagesd with this Westervelt family. (my Van Buskirk, Hallenbeck,and Van Hoesen famo;ies were all from Schleswig Holstein area, and probably were east Frieslanders.

                        JOHN C VAN BUSKIRK
                        http://www.geocities.com/vanbus1/
                        jvanbus1@...

                        Descendants of Lubbert Lubbertse//

                        Generation No. 1

                        1. LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//

                        Children of LUBBERT LUBBERTSE// are:

                        2. i. LUBBERT LUBBERTS2 WESTERVELDT.

                        ii. WILLIAM LUBBERTS//T.

                        Generation No. 2

                        2. LUBBERT LUBBERTS2 WESTERVELDT (LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//) He married GEESJE ROELFS.

                        Notes for LUBBERT LUBBERTS WESTERVELDT:

                        Two of the passengers on the good ship HOOP April 8 - May 27, 1662 were Willen Lubberts and Lubbert Lubberts They were from Westerveldt, and their family added that surname

                        Children of LUBBERT WESTERVELDT and GEESJE ROELFS are:

                        3. i. LUBBERT3 WESTERVELDT.

                        ii. JAN WESTERVELDT.

                        4. iii. ROELF WESTERVELDT.

                        5. iv. JURRIAN WESTERVELDT.

                        v. MARGRIETJE WESTERVELDT, b. January 24, 1646/47; m. MARTIN POULISSE, March 25, 1694.

                        vi. MARITIE WESTERVELDT, b. July 02, 1654; m. HENDRICK RPKR BANTA, November 17, 1678; b. 1655.

                        Generation No. 3

                        3. LUBBERT3 WESTERVELDT (LUBBERT LUBBERTS2, LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//) He married HILLETJE POULOUSE March 14, 1679/80.

                        Children of LUBBERT WESTERVELDT and HILLETJE POULOUSE are:

                        i. AELTJE4 WESTERVELDT, m. HENDRICK JACOBS.

                        ii. JAN WESTERVELDT.

                        iii. ANDRIES WESTERVELDT.

                        6. iv. PIETER WESTERVELDT.

                        4. ROELF3 WESTERVELDT (LUBBERT LUBBERTS2, LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//) He married ONOLENA SYMENTS April 11, 1688.

                        Children of ROELF WESTERVELDT and ONOLENA SYMENTS are:

                        i. JANNETJE4 WESTERVELDT, m. ALBERT ROMEIN.

                        ii. KASPAR WESTERVELDT.

                        iii. JOHANNES WESTERVELDT.

                        iv. ORSOLETIE WESTERVELDT, m. JACOBUS DE GROOT.

                        v. GEESJE WESTERVELDT, b. 1696; m. (1) PIETER VAN DERLINDE, October 21, 1710; m. (2) JOHANNES TERHUNE, April 10, 1725.

                        vi. ARIANTJE WESTERVELDT, b. 1699; m. HENDRICK VAN DERLINDE.

                        vii. BENJAMIN WESTERVELDT, b. 1702.

                        viii. MARITIE WESTERVELDT, b. 1705; m. HENDRICK BRINKERHOFF.

                        ix. ANNATJE WESTERVELDT, b. 1707; m. JOHANNES VAN GYUSSN, 1727.

                        5. JURRIAN3 WESTERVELDT (LUBBERT LUBBERTS2, LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//) He married (1) GEESJE BONGEART 1694. He married (2) ANTJE BANTA 1699, daughter of SEBA BANTA and ARIAN SIP. He married (3) CORNELIA VORHEES 1703.

                        Children of JURRIAN WESTERVELDT and GEESJE BONGEART are:

                        7. i. JAN4 WESTERVELDT.

                        ii. MARYTJE WESTERVELDT, m. DANIEL ROMEYN.

                        iii. CORNELIS WESTERVELDT.

                        Child of JURRIAN WESTERVELDT and ANTJE BANTA is:

                        8. iv. GEESJE4 WESTERVELDT, b. August 04, 1700; d. 1748.

                        Children of JURRIAN WESTERVELDT and CORNELIA VORHEES are:

                        v. ALBERT4 WESTERVELDT.

                        vi. STEVEN WESTERVELDT.

                        vii. STEVEN WESTERVELDT.

                        viii. ROELF WESTERVELDT.

                        ix. ANGLITJE WESTERVELDT, m. CONRADUS VAN DER BERK.

                        9. x. ABRAHAM WESTERVELDT, b. September 01, 1720; d. July 28, 1796.

                        Generation No. 4

                        6. PIETER4 WESTERVELDT (LUBBERT3, LUBBERT LUBBERTS2, LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//) He married SUSANNA DESMAREST, daughter of DAVUD DESMAREST and RACHEL CRESSON.

                        Children of PIETER WESTERVELDT and SUSANNA DESMAREST are:

                        10. i. LEA5 WESTERVELDT.

                        ii. ELENA WESTERVELDT, m. CLAES CUYPHER.

                        iii. DAVID WESTERVELDT.

                        iv. JOHANNES WESTERVELDT.

                        11. v. RACHEL WESTERVELDT.

                        vi. ELIZABETH WESTERVELDT, m. JUME HOFFMAN.

                        7. JAN4 WESTERVELDT (JURRIAN3, LUBBERT LUBBERTS2, LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//) He married (1) FYTJE HERRING. He married (2) SARAH DESMAREST 1718. She died 1719.

                        Children of JAN WESTERVELDT and FYTJE HERRING are:

                        i. CATALYNTJE5 WESTERVELDT.

                        ii. GEESJE WESTERVELDT.

                        iii. CORNELIS WESTERVELDT.

                        Child of JAN WESTERVELDT and SARAH DESMAREST is:

                        iv. JURRIAN5 WESTERVELDT, b. April 24, 1719; m. LENA ROMYN.

                        8. GEESJE4 WESTERVELDT (JURRIAN3, LUBBERT LUBBERTS2, LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//) was born August 04, 1700, and died 1748. She married JAN L VAN BUSKIRK April 01, 1721, son of LAURENS VAN BUSKIRK and HENDRICKJE VAN DERLINDE. He was born February 26, 1698/99, and died 1783.

                        Children of GEESJE WESTERVELDT and JAN VAN BUSKIRK are:

                        12. i. ANTJE5 VAN BUSKIRK, b. February 28, 1721/22.

                        13. ii. LAURENS JANSEN VAN BUSKIRK, b. August 06, 1723, Bergen co NJ; d. 1812, Aylesford, Novz Scotia, Canada.

                        14. iii. JEREMIAH VAN BUSKIRK, b. April 09, 1729.

                        9. ABRAHAM4 WESTERVELDT (JURRIAN3, LUBBERT LUBBERTS2, LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//) was born September 01, 1720, and died July 28, 1796. He married HENDRICKJE VAN BUSKIRK May 04, 1744, daughter of JOOST VAN BUSKIRK and TRYNTJE MARTESE. She was born August 29, 1720.

                        Children of ABRAHAM WESTERVELDT and HENDRICKJE VAN BUSKIRK are:

                        i. CORNELIA5 WESTERVELDT, b. March 02, 1743/44; d. July 03, 1766.

                        ii. JOOST WESTERVELDT, b. September 06, 1747.

                        iii. TRIENTJE WESTERVELDT, b. February 19, 1748/49.

                        iv. ALBERT WESTERVELDT, b. September 19, 1753.

                        v. ANTIE WESTERVELDT, b. October 13, 1756.

                        vi. JAN WESTERVELDT, b. July 03, 1761.

                        vii. TRIENTJE WESTERVELD, b. February 19, 1749/50.

                        viii. MARIA WESTERVELD, b. February 19, 1768.

                        Generation No. 5

                        10. LEA5 WESTERVELDT (PIETER4, LUBBERT3, LUBBERT LUBBERTS2, LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//) She married LAURENS VAN BUSKIRK September 26, 1739, son of JOOST VAN BUSKIRK and TRYNTJE MARTESE. He was born September 17, 1718.

                        Children of LEA WESTERVELDT and LAURENS VAN BUSKIRK are:

                        i. MARTIN6 VAN BUSKIRK, b. August 14, 1740; m. MARYTJE CONKLIN.

                        ii. PIETER VAN BUSKIRK, b. August 14, 1741; m. ELIZABETH LAMPMAN; b. November 19, 1752, Albany NY.

                        iii. JOOST VAN BUSKIRK, b. December 10, 1742; m. SUSAN WENDELL.

                        11. RACHEL5 WESTERVELDT (PIETER4, LUBBERT3, LUBBERT LUBBERTS2, LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//) She married ABRAHAM COOL.

                        Child of RACHEL WESTERVELDT and ABRAHAM COOL is:

                        i. MARIA6 COOL.

                        12. ANTJE5 VAN BUSKIRK (GEESJE4 WESTERVELDT, JURRIAN3, LUBBERT LUBBERTS2, LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//) was born February 28, 1721/22. She married DAVID VAN NORDEN September 09, 1739. He was born July 03, 1716.

                        Children of ANTJE VAN BUSKIRK and DAVID VAN NORDEN are:

                        i. GEESCHE6 VAN NORDEN, b. November 15, 1741.

                        ii. ANNEKE VAN NORDEN, b. September 13, 1742.

                        iii. GEESJE VAN NORDEN, b. October 24, 1745.

                        iv. ADAM VAN NORDEN, b. November 01, 1747.

                        13. LAURENS JANSEN5 VAN BUSKIRK (GEESJE4 WESTERVELDT, JURRIAN3, LUBBERT LUBBERTS2, LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//) was born August 06, 1723 in Bergen co NJ, and died 1812 in Aylesford, Novz Scotia, Canada. He married DOROTHEA HALLENBECK November 16, 1743. She was born July 14, 1723.

                        Children of LAURENS VAN BUSKIRK and DOROTHEA HALLENBECK are:

                        i. THEODOSIA6 VAN BUSKIRK, m. JAMES HARRIS, December 26, 1792.

                        ii. GEESJE VAN BUSKIRK, m. DOUGLAS CARNS.

                        iii. JOHN VAN BUSKIRK, b. June 30, 1744; d. 1814; m. CATHERINE LE BEAVOIS, May 02, 1775; b. March 22, 1753; d. August 08, 1853.

                        iv. THOMASYNTJE VAN BUSKIRK, b. November 24, 1746; d. 1820; m. GEORGE RYERSON; b. 1719; d. 1814.

                        v. GARRET VAN BUSKIRK, b. July 12, 1749; d. November 14, 1843; m. ELIZABETH POTTS, September 02, 1779; b. Abt. 1763; d. April 23, 1830.

                        vi. ABRAHAM VAN BUSKIRK, b. 1765; d. February 15, 1826; m. EUNICE; b. December 26, 1769; d. October 21, 1849.

                        vii. HENRY VAN BUSKIRK, b. December 18, 1766; d. March 16, 1841; m. (1) ISABELLA DONKIN, February 20, 1797; b. 1778; d. June 09, 1827; m. (2) ISOBELLA DONKIN, February 20, 1797; b. 1778; d. June 09, 1827.

                        14. JEREMIAH5 VAN BUSKIRK (GEESJE4 WESTERVELDT, JURRIAN3, LUBBERT LUBBERTS2, LUBBERT1 LUBBERTSE//) was born April 09, 1729. He married THEODOSIA (DOTIE) EARLE. She was born May 22, 1728.

                        Children of JEREMIAH VAN BUSKIRK and THEODOSIA EARLE are:

                        i. MARMEDUKE6 VAN BUSKIRK, m. ??? IDERSTEIN.

                        ii. JEREMIAH VAN BUSKIRK.

                        iii. SOPHIA VAN BUSKIRK, b. April 09, 1748.

                        iv. FYT5JE VAN BUSKIRK, b. November 03, 1749.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 23, 2007
                          thank you
                          richard westerfield

                          jvanbus1@twcny. rr.com

> [...]

                          iv. FYT5JE VAN BUSKIRK, b. November 03, 1749.

                          Or they coul not. Meppel is also close to the province of Overijssel and
                          even to Germany.

                          Herman van der Woude

                          Mapple, that probably is Meppel, this city is not in Friesland. That is in
                          the Province Drenthe, it is very close to Friesland though so they could
                          originate from Friesland.

                          Esther

                          2007/3/23, richard westerfield <welafong1@yahoo. com>:

                          > dear sir
                          > they where born in mapple. but i can not prove that. i know that there
                          > name is from friesland {a bright person}. this information about the
                          > brothers is from the genealogy of the westervelts by walter tallman
                          > westervelt if you would like i could send you a copy a lot of the book
                          is
                          > wrong be fore 1662 there is a lot of wrong information

                          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                        • richard westerfield
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 23, 2007
                            thank you