Seeking Bakker, van Dam, Engelsma connections

  • lohroffe
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
      I've found quite a bit through tresoar.nl, but I'd also like to see
      if there is any other information out there regarding:

      Lammert Popkes Bakker
      geboren November 25, 1831 Langweer
      overleden 7 januari 1891 Doniawerstal
      married May 21, 1857

      Antje Aants Visser
      geboren June 25, 1835 Uitwellingerga
      overleden 6 augustus 1876 Doniawerstal

      and their descendants. We know that Lammert remarried after Antje
      died. He married Dirkje Gerrits van der Meer (???geboren
      Utingeradeel 22 maart 1853 Dochter van Gerrit van der Meer en Ytje
      Theunis Dantuma??? married 16 november 1877) and had more children.

      Here's what my mother wrote, "Grandpa's brother Popke had five
      children but I don't know the sex of all five. There was Paul and
      Frits and we have a picture of Frits. They probably were born in
      late 1890s or early 1900s.

      Great-Grandpa Lammert's daughter Antje by his second marriage
      married an Engelsma. Grandma had an address for them. And, of
      course, the van Dam family is where Edith Brand Wicks fits in.
      Apparently her mother was the only one to move to the United States."

      My mother's grandfather is Sjoerds (George) Popkes Bakker geboren 20
      februari 1863 Doniawerstal, gestorben February 17, 1952 Koskiusko
      County, Indiana, US. Married Sijke (Syke) Zondervan geboren
      November 08, 1866 Midlum.

      "Grandpa's brother Popke" is Popke Bakker, geboren 31 december 1864
      Donawierstal.

      "Great-Grandpa Lammert's daughter Antje" is Antje Bakker, geboren 31
      augustus 1879 Doniawerstal.

      We had great success here 5 years ago researching the Zondervan half
      of the tree. Hoping for the same this time!

      thanks in advance,
      Elaine Frazier Lohroff
    • Herman Ozinga
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hallo Elaine

        Antje Aants Visser is my kin
        and she gave Lammert 9 children
        Dirkje got only 7...

        I'll Send the details to your private adress

        Regards

        Herman