Re: Sape Teades

  • genvaneck
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006
      --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, AEP <aepalmer@...> wrote:
      > Hello Arnold,
      In Friesland the only candidate for your GGG grandmother seems to be:
      Birth Ferwerderadeel:
      Dirkje de Jong, born 7 august 1868
      Parents: Taede Everts de Jong and Trijntje Annes Machiela
      Actually on the internet the mother is named Dirkje, but this must
      be a mistake. The marriage certificate of the parents says:

      Marriage certificate Ferwerderadeel
      Man: Taede de Jong, 25 years old, born at Blija
      Parents: Evert Hayes de Jong and Gelske Gelts Koopmans
      Wife: Trijntje Annes Machiela, old 24 jaar, born at
      Ternaard, municipality Westdongeradeel
      Parents: Anne Heerts Machiela and Dirkje Jans Faber
      Datum: 19 mei 1866, akte nr. 34
      So Dirkje was named after her grandmother, mothers side.

      Maybe (but there is little information here), Dirkje Taedes de Jong
      married:
      Marriage certificate Westdongeradeel
      Man: Tjeerd Eisma
      Wife: Dirkje de Jong
      Datum: 17 mei 1890, akte nr. 24

      Trijntje Annes Machiela died April 23, 1925, 83 years old.

      Does this ring any bells?

      Fedde

      > Hmm. I have a period photo (Carte-de-viste) of an old woman
      (probably in her
      > mid ­ late seventies) that is in a set of sixteen taken in Holland.
      The name
      > listed in pencil is Teade(s). But, if as you all indicate Teade is
      Ted or
      > Theodore in English, the mystery deepens dramatically!
      >
      > As I have photos of both my great grandmother, Durkjen Taedes De
      Jong, and
      > this now unidentified woman, there are facial features in common.
      Thus, I am