Nieuwenhuis

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 25, 2000
      Hessel Jans Nieuwenhuis was supposedly born in Jelsum, Leeuwarderadeel in
      about 1785, son of Jan Nieuwenhuis and Foekje Jetses. I have recently
      found a Trijntje Jans Nieuwenhuis who died in Leeuwarderadeel on 29-6-1847
      at age 72, daughter of Jan (Packer?) and Foekje ... I would suspect that
      Hessel and Trijntje are siblings, however I have not been able to find a
      Jan and Foekje having a Hessel in Jelsum in about 1785. I get the feeling
      that he may be mennonite. I don't recognize the name Packer as a first
      name. Does anyone recognize this name or have any information on this
      Nieuwenhuis family? Where else should I be looking for this family? I
      have checked the tien-jarige tafels for Leeuwarderadeel for the death of a
      Jan Nieuwenhuis or a Foekje Jetses without any success. Thanks for any
      help. tony