Rinze Zandstra

  • jas12mau
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3 12:54 AM
      Hello, I'm looking for information on Rinze Zandstra.

      He left Holland in 1909 together with a friend called Pieter Talsma
      and went to Paterson, USA. He was president of the UTY and he did the
      opening speech in 1943 at the 50th aniversary of UTY.

      Does someone know anything about him: to whom was he married to & did
      he had kids.

      According to the 1930 census he was a painter owning his own company,
      his second wife was called Hilda, he lived in Bergen, on Bergen Ave
      number 51.
    • Annemarth Sterringa
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3 7:52 AM
        Hi jas12mau,

        This might be him

        Geboorteakte Idaarderadeel, 1887
        Aangiftedatum 18 januari 1887, blad nr. 4
        Rinze Zandstra, geboren 16 januari 1887
        Zoon van Sjoerd Feitzes Zandstra en Antje Seinstra

        Birthcertificate Idaarderadeel, 1887
        Date of registration 18 January 1887, page nr 4
        Rinze Zandstra, born 16 January 1887
        Son of Sjoerd Feitzes Zandstra en Antje Seinstra

        Birth found at
        http://tinyurl.com/byyq5
        no marriage found

        The year 1887 fits with the age (22) that Rinse Zandstra had at
        arrival at Ellis Island
        http://webcenter.ellisisland.netscape.com/default.asp
        Roordahuizum was a village in the community of Idaarderadeel.

        As for Pieter Talsma, there were two born in 1888, to fit the age of
        21 at arrival at Ellis Island

        Geboorteakte Idaarderadeel, 1888
        Aangiftedatum 14 juli 1888, blad nr. 21
        Pieter Talsma, geboren 12 juli 1888
        Zoon van Jacob Pieters Talsma en Trijntje Binnes Fennema
        *

        Geboorteakte Idaarderadeel, 1888
        Aangiftedatum 22 augustus 1888, blad nr. 26
        Pieter Talsma, geboren 22 augustus 1888
        Zoon van Klaas Sytzes Talsma en Grietje de Jong

        Good luck with your search!

        Kind regards from Delft,

        Annemarth Sterringa
        http://www.home.zonnet.nl/annemarthsterringa/