Jan Hendriks Leering - Lookup

  • Joseph Leering
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2006
      Hello all,

      I have a request to make. I am in process of tracing my ancestry from Canada, which is interesting to say the least. Through using Gelias and Tresoar I have traced a branch of my family to Friesland. But I would like to know if it possible to determine in the archives where he came from.

      Jan Hendricks Leering born abt 1783 in Tietjerkstadeel,Fr, died there on 26-7-1841. He was married to Sjoerdje Berends Niewenhuis in 1811 who was born in 1793, and died there on 26-8-1846. I have all (?) their descendants. But I sure would like to know where he came from and who his parents were.

      My own branch of the Leerings I have traced to Vreden, Germany. So I believe that it should go back to Vreden.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Joe Leering in Mississauga

    • Reid van der Leij
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2006
        Hello,

        Jan Hendriks Leering, geboren Zutphen circa 1784, linnenwever Burgum, overl.
        Burgum 26 juli 1841, zoon van Hendrik Gerrits Leering en Machteltje Jacobus,
        in leven echtelieden te Zutphen.

        Met vriendelijke groeten, Reid van der Ley

        I have a request to make. I am in process of tracing my ancestry from
        Canada, which is interesting to say the least. Through using Gelias and
        Tresoar I have traced a branch of my family to Friesland. But I would like
        to know if it possible to determine in the archives where he came from.

        Jan Hendricks Leering born abt 1783 in Tietjerkstadeel,Fr, died there on
        26-7-1841. He was married to Sjoerdje Berends Niewenhuis in 1811 who was
        born in 1793, and died there on 26-8-1846. I have all (?) their descendants.
        But I sure would like to know where he came from and who his parents were.

        My own branch of the Leerings I have traced to Vreden, Germany. So I believe
        that it should go back to Vreden.

        Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Joe Leering in Mississauga

        Genealogy yn Fryslân: http://www.genealogy-yn-fryslan.tk/.

      • Joseph Leering
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006
          Terrific. Thank you very much Reid.
          But I do have a question for you. I am not familiar with the word
          "echtelieden".Could you please tell me what it means. Thanks
          Joe

          > Jan Hendriks Leering, geboren Zutphen circa 1784, linnenwever Burgum,
          > overl.
          > Burgum 26 juli 1841, zoon van Hendrik Gerrits Leering en Machteltje
          > Jacobus,
          > in leven echtelieden te Zutphen.
          >

          > Met vriendelijke groeten, Reid van der Ley

        • Susan van Dijken-Geertsma
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006
            Hello Joe, It means two people who are married together, so husband and
            wife.
            Greetings, Susan

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006
              Joe,

              I guess the correct translation would be:
              "Jan Hendriks Leering, born Zutphen appr 1784, linnen weaver Burgum, died Burgum July 26, 1841, son of Hendrik Gerrits Leering and Machteltje Jacobus, during their lives spouses in Zutphen."

              Met vriendelijke groet,
              Nynke van den Hooven.
              But I do have a question for you. I am not familiar with the word
              "echtelieden".Could you please tell me what it means. Thanks
              Joe

              <knip>

            • Joseph Leering
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006
                Thank you
                Joe
                > Hello Joe, It means two people who are married together, so husband and
                > wife.
                > Greetings, Susan

              • Joseph Leering
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 17, 2006
                    Terrific.
                    Thank you very much. Now I'll know where to look furthur.
                    Joe