Re: Machet in Bolsward

  • mvdhauw
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4, 2005
      Tony, Ynske,

      Just as I promised last week I have publised my data on the family (de)
      Machet or originally Mazetti. Ynske gave me some of these data.
      Caesar Claudius Mazetti came to Bolsward between 1560 and 1570 and he
      started the City Bank of Lone. He was a Noble man who had a castle in
      Frinco (Italy) . Because he came to a protestant(the raise against the
      catholic church was just a few years before) his properties were
      confiscated by his family.
      Frinco is a small town in the triangle Milan, Genua and Torino. Also
      known as Lombardije. Earning money with lones was social not accepted
      (and probably prohibited for dutch) foreners did this job.
      The word "lommerd" originates from this.
      Via this link you will come to Jelte Heerckes and his two wives Rigtje
      and Klaaske.
      http://www.vanderhauw.nl/stamboom/gen-hauw/genera~3/3rig/fr3rig.htm

      With regards

      Menno van der Hauw