de Boer - Roode

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2005
      Pieter de Boer and Antje Roode married in 1900 in Wonseradeel (probably
      Makkum) and left in 1910 for the USA, place of residence was Makkum. I am
      trying to get the birth dates of the 3 children born in Friesland before
      they left for the States. Since the Burgerlijke Stand only is available to
      1902 for births, I am looking for help in finding a way to find the birth
      dates of Trijntje (ca 1903), Ynte Sibolt (ca 1907) and Jan Oepkes (about
      1909 or 1910). The Family History Center only has population registers to
      1900 so that doesn't help me either. Any one have the answer(s) for
      me? Thanks. Tony
      A. Hofstee, St. Thomas, ON, Canada
      Dutch or English

    • houbau
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005
        Hello Anthony,
        This I found in the records of Tresoar, our Frisian Archive:
        http://www.tresoar.nl/
        Married:
        Antje de Roode and Pieter de Boer, Wonseradeel 12 mei 1900.

        In the records of emigrants I found following:
        Bevolking WONSERADEEL
        PIETER OEPKES DEBOER, WERKMAN-WORKMAN
        HUSBAND, MARRIED
        Geb: 22-3-1877
        Laatste woonplaats: MAKKUM
        ANTJE YNTES ROODE, GEEN-NONE/WITHOUT ANY JOB
        WIFE, MARRIED
        Geb: 15-7-1877
        Laatste woonplaats: MAKKUM
        YNTE SIJBOLT DEBOER,
        SON, UNMARRIED/SINGLE
        Geb: 12-3-1907
        Laatste woonplaats: MAKKUM
        TRIJNTJE DEBOER,
        DAUGHTER, UNMARRIED/SINGLE
        Geb: 9-3-1903
        Laatste woonplaats: MAKKUM
        Vertrokken naar: USA-UNIDENTIFIED REGION, 15-3-1910

        "Geb." means "born". Latest residence of the family: Makkum.
        Jan Oepkes is missing. Didn't find him in the death records either,
        are you sure he's born in Friesland?
        G. Ozinga-Houwer.

        --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Hofstee

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005
          NO, not sure about Jan Oepkes, he could ahve been born just after arrival
          of family in the US. Thank you very much.

          At 03:29 AM 4/4/2005, you wrote:

          >Hello Anthony,
          >This I found in the records of Tresoar, our Frisian Archive:
          >http://www.tresoar.nl/
          >Married:
          >Antje de Roode and Pieter de Boer, Wonseradeel 12 mei 1900.
          snip