Fokke Harmens Kooistra

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2004
      Who knows when and where Fokke Harmens Kooistra was born. He was born
      about 1778, died Tzummarum 16-10-1851, possibly son of Harmen Fokkes and
      Aafke Arjens, married Hichtum 7-9-1806 with Douwtzen Stevens, born
      Burgwered? ca 1786?, died Barradeel 16-3-1834, possibly daughter of Steven
      Cornelis and Lutske Freerks. Did Fokke marry a second time in Barradeel
      1-10-1842 with Reintje Jacobs Bosma? Looking also for information on their
      forebears. Thanks. Tony
      St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada
      Dutch or English
    • Karel van der Wal
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2004
        Tony, i have Fokke Harmens Kooistra born 1778 Marrum, died 16-11-1851 son of
        Harmen Fokkes and Aafke Arjens ( married in church Westernijkerk-Marrum)
        married (1) Douwtje Steffens Bruinsveld born 00-00-1786 Hitzum ( i am not
        sure if it is Hitzum or Hichtum, died 48 years 16-03-1834 daughter of
        Steffen Cornelis.

        Fokke took the name Kooistra ( also written as Kooystra)in Sexbierum with 2
        children: Luitske (Lutske) 5 years and Harmen 2 years. Other children look
        in Barradeel, their son Pieter Kooystra married Jetske Terpstra and one
        daughter of these couple Lijsbeth Kooistra married Jan Jacobs Herrema ( my
        wifes family name)

        Fokke married 01-10-1842 Reintje Jacobs Bosma. Did not check the
        huwelijkse bijlagen, will i do so ??
        regards Karel

        Who knows when and where Fokke Harmens Kooistra was born. He was born
        about 1778, died Tzummarum 16-10-1851, possibly son of Harmen Fokkes and
        Aafke Arjens, married Hichtum 7-9-1806 with Douwtzen Stevens, born
        Burgwered? ca 1786?, died Barradeel 16-3-1834, possibly daughter of Steven
        Cornelis and Lutske Freerks. Did Fokke marry a second time in Barradeel
        1-10-1842 with Reintje Jacobs Bosma? Looking also for information on their
        forebears. Thanks. Tony
        St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada
        Dutch or English

        Genealogy yn Fryslân: http://www.genealogy-yn-fryslan.tk/.

        juli 1999 geposte berichten staat op http://groups.yahoo
        com/group/Friesland-genealogy

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Get unlimited calls to
        U.S./Canada

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 28, 2004
          Karel, yes please take a look at the trouwbijlagen to see if there is
          birth/baptism date for Fokke and maybe the death dates of his
          parents. This family is part of the heritage of my grandsons. Tony