Re: Multilingual help (was Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Dutch/Frisian-English and all that(print this mail))

  • Dotty Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2004
      Thank you so much!

      Dotty Smith

      Nynke van den Hooven <nynkevandenhooven@...> wrote:
      Peter Nanne and all other members,

      The Varkevisser website is indeed a great help in many ways. As Peter Nanne stated, the list of words and phrases used in birth-, marriage- and death certificates is very useful but not complete. That is why, at the bottom of the page, you can ask for a translation of text you may have come across in that such documents. The direct URL for the 'words and phrases'-pages is http://www.varkevisser.org/links/raf-taal.html And I have to correct Peter Nanne: I didn't make the list, Roelof Varkevisser did, I merely translated the Dutch version into English.

      I also have to correct Peter Nanne on the use of brackets in a fuzzy search. The correct way to fill out the request field is {fuzzy} followed by the name you're looking for. I.e. you have to put the word fuzzy in between accolades. Brackets will result in an error notification.

      Enjoy your search!

      Nynke van den Hooven.