Question for the canadian members and for the people of southwest Friesland

  • heegsma
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2004
      Dear Sir/Madam,

      I found out that some of my family has moved to Canada. I located a
      little information about them. So I found out that at the archive of
      Canada (national) there has to be an imigration record and
      passengerslist. I already have contacted the archive over there, but
      there is little to no responds from them.

      Is there someone on this list who lives near the national archives of
      Canada and can help me on this information?. Below is the
      summery/index, I found on the website of the national Archive of
      Canada.

      Surname: Heegsma
      Given name: Hylkje (husband is Pieter Heegsma, has also moved to
      Canada)
      Age: 18
      Sex: F
      Nationality: Du
      Date of arrival: 1930/04/21 (YYYY/MM/DD)
      Port of Arrival: Saint John, New Brunswick
      Ship: Montrose, canadian pacific
      Reference RG76 - IMMIGRATION, series C-1-c
      Volume 1930 volume 5
      Page 67
      Microfilm Reel: T-14856
    • heegsma
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 27, 2004
        Also, some other members of my family should live in Ontario (london)
        at this moment. Unfortunaly I haven't any contact with them anymore.
        So any information about them is very welcome

        The childeren names are, the years after the names are the years they
        are born:

        Janke Leone Heegsma 1931
        Sylvia Heegsma 1940
        Johannes Heegsma 1944
        Bonny Heegsma 1946
        Loraine Heegsma 1949

        Any information about marriage is unknow. Only from Johannes Heegsma
        is known that he has married Clair Crawford in 1965 in Cowmansfille
        (Canada)

        Any help would be very nice, because long distance research isn't
        easy. I am searching for any information, because I would like to
        give my father a nice book with information about enviroment, family
        history and pictures as a surprise on his birthday.

        Greetings from the The Netherlands,
        Thank you in Advanched,
        Johan Heegsma
        A Dutch University Student.

        The following message is for the dutch members.

        Mijn familie-geschiedenis speelt zich vooral af in de zuidwest-hoek
        van Friesland. Vooral de plaatsen Heeg, Sneek, Deersum, Poppingawier,
        Sybrandburen, Gauw spelen een belangrijke rol.

        Nu blijkt dat een familielid een boerderij heeft gehad op de streek
        Harstrabuorren. Is iemand bekend waar deze streek ligt. De boerderij
        zou er gestaan moeten hebben zo rond 1850 en eigendom moeten zijn
        geweest van jonkheer van Eisinga. De streek zou nog steeds zo genoemd
        worden is mij ooit eens verteld.

        Ook historische informatie over de plaatsen zoals hierboven genoemd
        zijn erg welkom.

        Met vriendelijke groet,
        Johan Heegsma
        Student Business & ICT.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 27, 2004
          Have you tried: http://www.Canada411.ca and http://www.godutch.com Tony

          7:53 AM 6/27/2004, you wrote:
> [...]
          > > Canada.
          > >
          > > Surname: Heegsma
          > > Given name: Hylkje (husband is Pieter Heegsma, has also moved to
          > > Canada)
          > > Age: 18
          > > Sex: F
          > > Nationality: Du
          > > Date of arrival: 1930/04/21 (YYYY/MM/DD)
          > > Port of Arrival: Saint John, New Brunswick
          > > Ship: Montrose, canadian pacific
          > > Reference RG76 - IMMIGRATION, series C-1-c
          > > Volume 1930 volume 5
          > > Page 67
          > > Microfilm Reel: T-14856
          >

          >Genealogy yn Fryslân: http://www.genealogy-yn-fryslan.tk/.
          >
          >Het archief van deze lijst voor Friese genealogen met daarin alle sinds 8
          >juli 1999 geposte berichten staat op
          >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Friesland-genealogy
          >
          >Om uw abonnement te beëindigen stuurt u een (leeg) email-bericht naar:

        • genvaneck
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
            Het online telefoonboek van Canada:

            Heegsma, J F