Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Sijtze G. Frank en Trijntje Tj. Roersma huwelijke 1891.

  • Marianne van Huissteden
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
      Hi Ed,

      I found the following info on Geertje on the Tresoar site:

      She was born jan. 27, 1870. Parents Tjeerd Willems Roersma and Tjitske Meinderts van Dijk.

      Geboorteakte Menaldumadeel
      Aangiftedatum 28 januari 1870, akte nr. 22
      Geertje Roersma, geboren 27 januari 1870
      dochter van Tjeerd Willems Roersma en Tjitske Meines van Dijk

      She married Dirk van der Meer on june 16, 1892

      Huwelijksakte Menaldumadeel, 1892
      Man: Dirk van der Meer
      Vrouw: Geertje Roersma
      Datum: 16 juni 1892 Akte nr. 71

      They had a son, Gerrit, on dec. 21, 1892

      Geboorteakte Menaldumadeel
      Aangiftedatum 22 december 1892, akte nr. 292
      Gerrit van der Meer, geboren 21 december 1892
      zoon van Dirk van der Meer en Geertje Roersma

      They left for Northern America on june 1, 1903

      I have searched for more info about both parents and siblings, and I found a lot. I will search some more and will try to make a logical document of it. What I do know, is that a lot of Geertjes relatives (including her sister Trijntje) left for the USA.
      I found mention of Michigan (Grand Rapids) on several of her relatives and I found that her uncle, Jouw Willems Roersma, left with his family to Pella State, Iowa.

      Also, I found that several of het husbands relatives left for the USA.

      As soon as I have it sorted out, I will get back to you.

      regards,
      Marianne

      PS
      It seems I appointed myself your personal assistant. (just kidding)
      I love the searching, especially since you have such few names to go on. It is a challenge to find as much as I can and make some sense in it.

      Ed Morgan <edwinmorgan1950@...> wrote:
      I am from the USA and wanting to get information on my great-
      grandmother's family. Her name was Geertje Tjeerds Roersma. She was
      born in Menaldum on January 27, 1872.

      This information is from a wedding announcement of her younger sister:

      Huwelijks - Bekendmaking van
      Sijtze G. Frank en Trijntje Tj. Roersma.
      Slappaterp. Menaldum. De Ferste. Afkundiging zal plantz hebben op
      Zondag 3 Mei 1891.

      Genealogy yn Frysl�n: http://www.genealogy-yn-fryslan.tk/.

      Om uw abonnement te be�indigen stuurt u een (leeg) email-bericht naar: