Matthijssen, Henningveld

  • H. Henningfeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004
      Hi,

      I'm looking for a distant relative Henningveld or sometimes also Honingveld. The Historisch Centrum Leeuwarden sent me the following information. Wilhelm Henningveld (or Willem Honingveld) born about 1746 married Rinske Matthijssen on April 30th, 1775 in Leeuwarden Galileerkerk. I only know about one child, Sytske born February 10th, 1775, the father accepted her as his child in May 1775.

      Wilhelm Henningveld was not born or baptised in Leeuwarden. He was a grenadier in the 1. battaillon van de Luitnant Generaal Grave van Rechteren.

      On July 27, 1786 Wilhelm was then 40 years old, he was charged for "mishandeling van getinge".

      Thereafter I have not been able to find any information about him or his family. Apparently he did not die in Leeuwarden nor did his daughter get married there.

      The question is whether there are any records of this 1st battalion in which he served. Maybe the battalion moved to another town and so he moved as well.

      The other question is whether anybody has researched the family Matthijssen and could say something about Rinske.

      Best regards,

      Henning Henningfeld

      Nantes, France

      (English, reading Dutch)