Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Hesselius

  • Jan F. Boven
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2000
      Hallo Anthony,

      Anthony Hofstee schreef:

      > Can anyone tell me if Hesselius is a latinized form of Hette? Tony

      I don't think so. You have also people with Hessel as christian name.
      And Hessels as lastname.

      --
      groeten van/greetings from: Jan F. Boven
      homepage/thuispagina: http://home-5.worldonline.nl/~ac21639
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2000
        In a message dated 08/08/2000 9:05:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
        ahofstee@... writes:

        > Can anyone tell me if Hesselius is a latinized form of Hette?

        Almost, it's a latinized version of the Hessel.

        Matthias Teichert

        "Ball ist rund ... Spiel dauert neunzig Minuten ... soviel ist schon mal klar
        ... alles andere ist Theorie ... und Ab!" - Schuster, Lola Rennt.
      • Bram Sonneveld
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 9, 2000
          Dear Tony,
          No, Hesselius comes from the mansname HESSEL.
          Bram Sonneveld
          Can anyone tell me if Hesselius is a latinized form of Hette? Tony