namegiving

  • Roelof Varkevisser
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7 1:26 PM
      In Friesland (at least at my ancestors) it was common to name the first son
      to the fathers father, the first girl to her mothers mother, the second son
      to the mothers father, the second girl to the fathers mother.
      So I presume your grandfather wasn't the first son. According to the above
      'rules' the first son should be name Tjerk.

      Met vriendelijke groeten,
      Roelof

      my genealogy: http://www.gironet.nl/home/rvvisser/genea
      Friesland maps around 1860 : http://www.varke-visser.myweb.nl/kaarten