Roorda van Tjummarum

  • MCTeichert@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2000
      Hi,

      First, I must apologize that I don't speak Nederlands (although I have a
      limited reading ability of Nederlands and Frysk).

      The oldest Roorda v. Tjummarum in my Stammboom is:

      Frans Gosses Roorda, born circa 1305.
      His children from an unknown woman:
      - Trijn Franses Roorda, born circa 1332, died in Anjum. She was married to
      Douwe Sickes Sjaerdema alias Sicke, born in Franeker circa 1328, living
      there, died there in the year 1416, aged approximately 88 years, son of Sicke
      Sjaerdema and Edwert ...
      - Johan Roorda, born circa 1350.

      I am looking for a few sources (unknown titles) that supposedly trace the
      Roorda's back until approximately 800 AD. Although the accuracy of this older
      material is questionable (one source even claims relations to Charlemagne).
      Do any of you know where I can find these sources or their titles?

      Unfortunately at the moment I don't have a web site, but here is a partial
      list of the other surnames in my 'boom'. Not all of my surnames are listed.
      These names were alphabetized using Microsoft Word so names beginning with
      prepositions are
      alphabetized according to the preposition:

      ab Oenninga, ab Onnama, Aelua, Albada, Alma, Ammama, Andringa, Auckema,
      Aylva, Beetsius, Bennema, Bockema, Boelema, Bonningha, Bos, Bouma, Brinksma,
      Buwinga, Cammingha, Camstra, Camstra, de Boer, de Bosch, de Hoog, de Jonge,
      de Oude, Dekema, Dijkstra, Dopkewitz alias Dopschewijt, Douwama, Edingh,
      Foppinga, Friesema, Gerbranda, Haarsma, Haersma, Harckama, Harckema, Harinxma
      Donia, Harinxma thoe Heeg, Harinxma thoe Ijlst, Harinxma thoe Sneek, Harma,
      Harmsma, Heddinga, Heemstra, Heemstra van Dockum, Heeringa, Hennama,
      Hettinga, Hoeksma, Hoytsma, Huyningha alias Hingha, Itsma, Jager
      Jelckama, Jelmera, Jensma, Jongema, Jonker, Jousma, Juwinga, Juwinga van
      Walta, Juwsma, Kalverboer, Kunst, Lautenbach, Lieuma, Lubbema, Lyuwema,
      Martena, Minnema, Moerlagh, Moorlag, Moorlagh, Nienhuis, Nieuwenhuis, Obbema,
      Ockena, Ockingha, Oedzes, Ottema, Pool, Popma, Rinia alias Ringia and Ringe,
      Roelsma, Roorda, Schenck von Tautenburg zu Tautenburg, Sickingha, Sjaerda,
      Sjaerdema, Suidel alias Schoedel and Schudel, Tjaarda, Tjaerda, Unia, Walta,
      van Adelen, van Aebingha, van Dekema, van der Brug, van der Pluim, van der
      Vennen, van Dijk, van Eminga, van Ewsum, van Juwsma, van Lunia, van Maanen,
      van Manen, van Ulenburch, van Walta, Wiarda, Wieringen, Wiersma, Woldrinck,
      Vriezema

      Inquiries are welcome! Please excuse my English.

      m v g,
      Matthias Teichert

      "Ball ist rund. Spiel dauert neunzig Minuten. Soviel ist schon mal klar.
      Alles andere ist Theorie. Und ab!" - Sepp Herberger / Schuster, 'Lola Rennt'.
    • John de Beer
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 30, 2000
        Please check out my website;

        http://members.home.com/jdebeer/amber001.htm

        Please search for andringa. Wonder if you have any futher information on my
        Adringa line or any other line.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2000
          J? de Beer,

          I must apologize, on Friday I accidentally screwed up my database and lost a
          lot of information. Fortunately I have all of the information on paper but
          scattered throughout various files. I visited your site with your pedigree.
          Unfortunately I don't have any information on the Andringa's listed in your
          pedigree. However in my database I have/had 2-3 Andringa's. They are only
          related to me by marriage, so I don't have much information. Here is one the
          Andringa's I found:

          Reinsck Jorrits Andringa (F), born circa 1540 married:
          1) Tyerck Walles, born circa 1535, died before 1581.
          2) Sjoerd Fockens, meester in de Rechte (lawyer) & gedeputeerde van
          Friesland, born circa 1535, died before 1595.

          If you can trace your Andringa's back to the 1500's they are probably either
          a 'eignerfde boer' (gentleman farmer/patrician) family or old Frisian
          nobility family. You can probably find more information in 'Stamboek van den
          Frieschen, vroegeren en lateren adel' by Junkheer Mr. M. de Haan Hettema and
          Mr. A. van Halmael jr. Additionally a color version of their Wapen (Coat of
          Arms) can be found in the book by G.A. Brongers and A.B. Dull tot
          Backenhagen. You can also probably find a black and white version in
          Rietstap's "L'Amorial General". Furthermore Andringa is a Frisian patronymic
          name meaning 'from or belonging to Andries (Andrew)'.

          Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

          Later Alligator,
          Matthias Teichert
          Minneapolis, MN
        • jan.hendriks@chello.nl
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 13, 2000
            Hoi,
            Deze namen: Haarsma, Haersma, Haringsma komen in mijn onderzoek ook voor en ik heb er ook een flinke hoeveelheid info over.
            Contact me: jan.hendriks@...
          • c. jacobi
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 14, 2000
              Hoi,
              ook ik heb een 16 tal Haarsma's in mijn bestand.
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 17, 2000
                Hallo, Matthias,
                Although I cannot help you in answering your questions about the Roorda Family,
                I am very interested in the data of the Haarsma Familiy in your research.
                Can you give me some idea of those Haarsma's?
                regards, Jan Hendriks
                jan.hendriks@...

              • Liekele Helmus
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 18, 2000
                  L.S.,
                  Matthias heeft zich volgens mij geruime tijd geleden (studie redenen)
                  afgemeld
                  van deze lijst dus zal m.i. jouw vraag hem op deze manier niet bereiken.
                  Ciao

                  Liekele (Lieko) Helmus & Rinske Helmus-Deutekom
                  Siriusstraat 52, NL-1223 AP Hilversum, the Netherlands
                  31(0)35 6858 675 (+voicemail) fax 31(0)20 8848 931(fax2pc)
                  gsm 06 28184122 (dutchtone) NetMeeting (+Webcam)
                  lhelmus@... icq 60503294

> [...]

                  > Ockena, Ockingha, Oedzes, Ottema, Pool, Popma, Rinia alias Ringia and
                  Ringe,
                  > Roelsma, Roorda, Schenck von Tautenburg zu Tautenburg, Sickingha, Sjaerda,
                  > Sjaerdema, Suidel alias Schoedel and Schudel, Tjaarda, Tjaerda, Unia,
                  Walta,
                  > van Adelen, van Aebingha, van Dekema, van der Brug, van der Pluim, van der
                  > Vennen, van Dijk, van Eminga, van Ewsum, van Juwsma, van Lunia, van
                  Maanen,
                  > van Manen, van Ulenburch, van Walta, Wiarda, Wieringen, Wiersma,
                  Woldrinck,
                  > Vriezema
                  >
                  > Inquiries are welcome! Please excuse my English.
                  >
                  > m v g,
                  > Matthias Teichert
                  >
                  > "Ball ist rund. Spiel dauert neunzig Minuten. Soviel ist schon mal klar.
                  > Alles andere ist Theorie. Und ab!" - Sepp Herberger / Schuster, 'Lola

                • J. Hendriks
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 19, 2000
                    Liekele Helmus wrote:

                    > L.S.,
                    > Matthias heeft zich volgens mij geruime tijd geleden (studie redenen)
                    > afgemeld
                    > van deze lijst dus zal m.i. jouw vraag hem op deze manier niet bereiken.
                    > Ciao

                    > Liekele (Lieko) Helmus & Rinske Helmus-Deutekom
                    > Siriusstraat 52, NL-1223 AP Hilversum, the Netherlands
                    > 31(0)35 6858 675 (+voicemail) fax 31(0)20 8848 931(fax2pc)
                    > gsm 06 28184122 (dutchtone) NetMeeting (+Webcam)
                    > lhelmus@... icq 60503294

                    Bedankt voor deze attente mededeling.
                    Misschien weten jullie Matthias' emailadres?
                    vr.gr.
                    Jan Hendriks