Question on immigration to the U.S.

  • wj2a2@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
      Dear List,

      I would like to know if it was possible to enter the U.S. at Chicago
      without going through Ellis Island? Today ships go down the St. Lawrence
      River to the Great Lakes and on to Chicago, granted, after some canals
      were built around Niagra Falls and I'm sure that the St. Lawrence Seaway
      project helped as well. I'm wondering if it was possible in the past.

      Regards

      Walt Aardsma

      Introducing NetZero Long Distance
      1st month Free!
    • j vw
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
        Walt,

        The best site to have your question answered would be at
        www.theshipslist.com

        Happy Hunting!

        Joanne