Researching Het Bildt families/& re Arlene DeBoer

  • jopostema@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2000
      Hello,
      As I am new to this group I have just spent an interesting
      afternoon reading many,many of the more than a 1000 postings on this
      site. (what else to do on a cold and dreary Sunday in Michigan??)
      I am hoping someone can help me further my research about the
      ancestors on my husband's maternal line. I believe all are found in
      the Het Bildt area. I am searching for the following families prior
      to 1811: Dijkstra(Dirk Johannes),Tolsma, Wagenaar,Dekkinga,Boterhoek,
      Visbeek,van der Steeg,Walburg(Tjebbe Meinderts),Tanja,Pars,Kempenaar,
      Hogerhuis,Penninga,Kuik,Rodenhuis. I would appreciate any information
      that anyone can give.
      I can read some Dutch but it is limited. I usually have had to
      have things translated by someone whose name has appeared on this
      listing quite often recently--Arlene DeBoer. Greetings Arlene!
      By the way, did I miss a message? Are you descended from a beheaded
      Frisian nobleman??
      Thanks for your help! Jo Postema