54607Re: Translation Needed

  • rwrr00a
    Aug 7, 2012
      Thank you so much, Nynke. Yes, neither Google nor Microsoft translators could handle this one. Jacobus Ritsema, was a sibling of my direct ancestor. P.J. Ritsema's genealogy speculated that the houses were inherited from Jacobus Ritsema's grandfather. Your translation tells me Jacobus bought property, developed it and sold 10 one-room houses (maybe aprtments?) Jacobus was a painter (artist) who had some dealings with Rembrandt. Thanks again. John J Ritsema