5386Re: [Friesland-genealogy] translation help

  • Onno Elgersma
    Aug 1, 2001
      Paul,

      I'd like to add something to the translations of Ebbel Brands.
      Landgebruiker is the one using the land distinct from the land owner.
      Gymnastiekleraar: gym teacher
      Groepsbegeleider could be a tour guide but it might be also a person having
      the supervision on a group of patients in a mental hospital or related
      institutions.
      Relatiebeheerder: employee of an insurance company controlling the contacts
      of the company with the clients.
      Technisch ambtenaar PTT: PTT did not only include the postal services but
      also telephone services.
      Uitvoerder is the lowest boss in the building trade, the man that does not
      work.
      Wagenwasser: probably an employee of the Railway Company washing carriages.

      Groeten,
      Onno Elgersma