51419RE: [Friesland-genealogy] DUIKER Lykle died 14 Dec 1898..where is he buried?

    Jan 4, 2011
      Cindy,

      If you’re grandfather died over a century ago, it is quite unlikely that his
      grave still exists….

      The text you found is not from a death notice, but from his death
      registration (death certificate).

      As his death was reported in Harlingen, it seems likely that he was buried
      there as well at the time.

      Translation of the death cer. record:

      Death certificate Harlingen, 1898

      Registration date 1 December 1898, cert. nr. 140

      L. Duiker, deceased 14 November 1898, male, married

      Note: Master on board the ship named “Bothnia”, fell overboard.

      Kind regards,

      Nynke van den Hooven

      _____