48524Re: Hein Jaarsma, Gerlof Bajema & Sjoukje

  • annemarthsterringa
    Oct 8, 2009
      Hi John, here's finally a few answers to your questions; I just came back from Amsterdam.

      Hein Jaarsma and Sjoukje Bajema did not live in Amsterdam; according to Hein's death-certificate they lived in Noordwolde, Hemeler Oldeferd. His father Wiebe Jaarsma came to Amsterdam to register his son's death: book 8, p. 92/ nr.4696.

      The number 4696 and year 1913 enabled me to find the cause of death and the address in the books of the Centraal Bureau voor Statistiek: 5185/493-494.
      Hein Jaarsma died of "pyelonephritis c. calculi" = a kidney disease, in the Ned. Herv. Diaconessen Inrichting (= a hospital) on Overtoom, Amsterdam.

      As for Gerlof Bajema, he and his wife and twindaughters Geppie and Magdalena born 1919 in Warga, moved from Amsterdam to Bussum in 1940.

      With kind regards from Delft,

      Annemarth Sterringa
      http://home.zonnet.nl/annemarthsterringa/

      --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "bajemajm" <bajemajm@...> wrote:

      > I have discovered two pictures on Tresoar that may be of my ancestors. Here is the story:
      >
      > http://www2.tresoar.nl/kentekens/?t=0&nummer=678
      >
      > Hein Jaarsma (b. 26 March 1880) married Sjoukje Klazes Bajema (b. 2 June 1881) who was the sister of Gerlof Bajema (b. 18 June 1895). Hein died on 4 August 1913 in Amsterdam, leaving his wife and possibly two living children. This was after Hein and Sjoukje had lost three children at birth in short time.
      >
      > Information I have has Hein's daughter Hitje Jaarsma born 27 Nov 1905 in Kodum and death in 1975 in California, USA. I have no other information for her. I have no death record for Sjoukje or Gerlof at this time. I have no immigration records.
      >
      > After Heins death in 1913 his brother in law, Gerlof, registered the motorcycle. I do not know who "Ymker de féarts" mentioned on Tresoar would be. I can not identify who is in the above two pictures with certainty. Hein was 33 when he died while Gerlof is 15 years younger.
      >
      > I would like to know if there is a way of knowing the cause of death for Hein in 1913 and if there is a census placing Sjoukje and Gerlof in the same house after Hein's death and who might have immigrated and when to the USA.
      >
      > John Bajema
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic