48330Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Questions regarding Gerrit Jan van Dijk

  • Yvonna Both
    Sep 3, 2009
      Hi Jim

      About the dates on ducuments, it is not as simple sometimes the documents
      are hard to read and than we have to make a geuss if it is a 7 or a 9,
      that's why it will show up as you found it, better this than nothing but a
      ? mark.
      Good Luck hunting!

      Yvonna

      On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Jim Van Dyk <jimyvandyk@...> wrote:

      > Dear Friends,
      >
      > Gerrit Jan van Dijk and Elizabeth Pasma and family emigrated to the US
      > in 1845. They came from came from Oudemirdum, Friesland?
      >
      > Gerrit Jan van Dijk
      > Birth: August 8,1797 or 1799. Which is it? Are there baptism records
      > for him? I do not have a place of birth. He died February 20,1877- North
      > Holland,Ottawa, Michigan.
      >
      > Wife: Elizabeth G. Pasma
      > Birth: May 19, 1801. No baptism record? Do not know the place of her
      > birth.
      > Died: May 15,1886 - North Holland, Ottawa, Michigan
      > Any record/source if her name might have been Postma?
      >
      > I do not have a date or place for their marriage.
      >
      > I would appreciate any help. Thank you so much!
      >
      > Jim Van Dyk

      Yvonna Both Brusik
      Wpg.Canada
      Website: http://gw.geneanet.org/dutchess1948