48316Amsterdam doodsoorzaak/ cause of death (was Re: Hein Jaarsma

  • annemarthsterringa
    Sep 1, 2009
      Nynke, and others,

      A little while ago I found out that in Amsterdam the cause of death is (anonymously) registered in a ledger of the Central Bureau for Statistics; all you need is the date and the death-certificate number.

      Amsterdam archive; toegang/ entry 5185.

      I'll be in the Amsterdam archive later this month.

      Groetjes,
      Annemarth

      --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Nynke van den Hooven" <nynkevandenhooven@...> wrote:

      > John,
      >

      > It's possible that Gerlof bought (or inherited) the motorbike and therefore registered it to his name after Hein had died.
      >
      > Ymker de féarts is Ymker, the veterinarian.
      >
      > According to the book Koudum fan doe en nou, Koudum 1978, side 168 (Koudum then and now, published Koudum 1978, page 168) by G. Koopmans the second picture is one of the vet Dr. Ymker. But according to another entry it's possible that Mr. Koopmans (the author of the book) got the wrong data from the owner of the picture or that Jaarsma bought the motorbike previously owned by Dr. Ymker…..
      >

      > Cause of death is not registered in Dutch death certificates. According to the death announcement in the Leeuwarder Courant Hein died in the Diaconessenhuis (a hospital) in Amsterdam after "painful suffering".

      <knip>
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic