38519Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Riem Family

  • Tjerk Tigchelaar
    May 3 11:54 AM
      >Sorry it is the last name my great grandfather's first name was Pieter Riem
      >and his son was Jacobus Riem.
      >Thanks,

      Hi Marianne,

      The only Jacobus Riem with a father, named Pieter was born in Harlingen July
      3d 1896. A short overview of his family:

      Pieter Riem married Hiltje Wever 12-20-1888 Harlingen
      Hiltje most probably born 1-25-1865 Harlingen, daughter of Jan Wever and
      Antje de Wit
      From this marriage
      Hendrik, born 6-29-1889 Harlingen
      Jan born 11-9-1890 Harlingen
      Johannes born 2-3-1893 Harlingen
      Johanna born 9-7-1894 Harlingen
      Jacobus born 7-3-1896 Harlingen your grandfather
      Hendrikus born 1-16-1898 Harlingen
      Pieter born 5-27-1899 Harlingen
      Antje born 10-3-1900 Harlingen

      Your great-grandfather most probably born 11-30-1862 in Harlingen was in
      that case a son of Hendrik Riem, born 6-2-1839 and Johanna Bader, born
      2-17-1838. They married in Harlingen 9-17-1863.

      His ancestors and relatives can be found at my website
      www.tjerktigchelaar.nl

      From the introduction page please follow the link to the Ti(g)chelaar
      family. In the left panel on that page you can find a lot or Riem relatives.
      I did some basic research on them because they are related by marriage to my
      Ti(g)chelaar relatives.

      Next Tuesday, when I will be in the archives in Leeuwarden, I will check
      whether your great-grandfather really was a son of the above mentioned
      Hendrik Riem and Johanna Bader.

      Truly yours,
      Tjerk Tigchelaar
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic