33245Re: Rinze Zandstra

  • Annemarth Sterringa
    Jun 3 7:52 AM
      Hi jas12mau,

      This might be him

      Geboorteakte Idaarderadeel, 1887
      Aangiftedatum 18 januari 1887, blad nr. 4
      Rinze Zandstra, geboren 16 januari 1887
      Zoon van Sjoerd Feitzes Zandstra en Antje Seinstra

      Birthcertificate Idaarderadeel, 1887
      Date of registration 18 January 1887, page nr 4
      Rinze Zandstra, born 16 January 1887
      Son of Sjoerd Feitzes Zandstra en Antje Seinstra

      Birth found at
      http://tinyurl.com/byyq5
      no marriage found

      The year 1887 fits with the age (22) that Rinse Zandstra had at
      arrival at Ellis Island
      http://webcenter.ellisisland.netscape.com/default.asp
      Roordahuizum was a village in the community of Idaarderadeel.

      As for Pieter Talsma, there were two born in 1888, to fit the age of
      21 at arrival at Ellis Island

      Geboorteakte Idaarderadeel, 1888
      Aangiftedatum 14 juli 1888, blad nr. 21
      Pieter Talsma, geboren 12 juli 1888
      Zoon van Jacob Pieters Talsma en Trijntje Binnes Fennema
      *

      Geboorteakte Idaarderadeel, 1888
      Aangiftedatum 22 augustus 1888, blad nr. 26
      Pieter Talsma, geboren 22 augustus 1888
      Zoon van Klaas Sytzes Talsma en Grietje de Jong

      Good luck with your search!

      Kind regards from Delft,

      Annemarth Sterringa
      http://www.home.zonnet.nl/annemarthsterringa/

      --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "jas12mau"
      <herwinenrenate@...> wrote:

      > Hello, I'm looking for information on Rinze Zandstra.
      >
      > He left Holland in 1909 together with a friend called Pieter
      Talsma and went to Paterson, USA. He was president of the UTY and he
      did the opening speech in 1943 at the 50th aniversary of UTY.

      > Does someone know anything about him: to whom was he married to &
      did he had kids.

      > According to the 1930 census he was a painter owning his own
      company, his second wife was called Hilda, he lived in Bergen, on
      Bergen Ave number 51.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic