27832Re: de groot -rijstra

  • pbaukema
    Aug 11, 2005
      From many notarial archives I put the following together on Wiebe
      Obes Rijstra (also Reistra and Reidstra); thus:

      In Dec. 1816, Wiebe Obes Reidstra (of Harich) bought a farm (een
      zathe en landen) in Tjerkgaast from Johannes Kerstes de Kok for fl
      7871. By June of 1817, he sold a rye crop for fl. 4033. He is a
      farmer (huisman) of Tjerkgaast. The next month, he and Jacob Ruurds
      Symensma of Harich, sold land (greidland) in Ruigahuizen. In 1819,
      he sold real property in Sint Nicolaasga and Tjerkgaast and bought
      more land in Tjerkgaast. He also obligated himself in three
      transactions to fl. 5900. In two, his wife, Tetje Baukes Baukema,
      was also obligated. Their are small rental agreements in 1825 and
      1826. In 1829, another fl. 1000 was obligated to Rinke Haitses
      Haitema of Balk (fisherman). In 1834 and 1835, there are three
      entries where he a guardian (of a will or inheritance) of Johannes
      Obes Smid. It mentions Johannes' widow and children. He serves as
      guarantee (co-signer, borg) on his son Bauke's purchase in
      Ruigahuizen in 1834.

      By May 1839, he is living in Balk where he is a salesman (koopman)
      and he and his children assume a debt. Bauke (farmer in Ruigahuizen)
      Obbes (farmer in Tjerkgaast), Afke Wiebes Rijstra, Tjerkgaast,
      Simkjen (wed to Andries Beekes de Groot), and Jacobjen (boerin) of
      Tjerkgaast. By December, the same group, except for Simkjen has sold
      a major (or all?) the farm in Tjerkgaast (fl 10113). In 1846, there
      are two inventory items which mention Gatske Klazes Visser. In 1846,
      there is a large listing (and it includes many Mennonite families and
      the Schootsra and Baukema families). That where I am with Wiebe.

      Paul Baukema

      --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Appy de Vries