23027Re: Naamgewing in Friesland/Nederland

  • lantinga48
    Nov 10, 2004
      Dear Edward,

      It's just a mistake.

      In case of his own marriage with Elizabeth Aries Noordhof and the
      marriages of his children Anje (2x) and Aries he is mentioned Klaas
      Geerts Buis.
      In case of the marriages of his children Harmannus, Derk and Reina
      he is called Klaas Derks Buis.
      Kind regards
      Sievert Lantinga

      --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Otte"
      <edotte@o...> wrote:
      > Beste Group,
      > Is any aware of an patronymic naming case in which one child does
      > carry the father's name but some other? What I am saying is that I
      > have an ancestor, who by all records is a son of Derk Jans Buis
      > Groningen and all of the children are properly named according to
      > strick rules of the patronymic system and have "middle" names of
      > DERKS but for my one ancestor Klaas GEERTS Buis. Is there some
      > for the deviation here or is it possible he was actually a son of
      > brother of Derk Jans Buis?
      > Edward Otte
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic