      From: Edward Otte
      To: Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 10:09 AM
      Subject: [Friesland-genealogy] Re: Naamgewing in Friesland/Nederland

      Beste Group,

      Is any aware of an patronymic naming case in which one child does not
      carry the father's name but some other? What I am saying is that I
      have an ancestor, who by all records is a son of Derk Jans Buis from
      Groningen and all of the children are properly named according to the
      strick rules of the patronymic system and have "middle" names of
      DERKS but for my one ancestor Klaas GEERTS Buis. Is there some rule
      for the deviation here or is it possible he was actually a son of a
      brother of Derk Jans Buis?

      Edward Otte
      <knip>