Re: New patches

  • skallberg
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2002
      Hey gang!

      I'm back from a nice and long christmas holiday, didn't even touch
      my synths...

      Anyway, nice to see that more people have been tweaking patches for
      the obie. The patches I will be posting are mainly traditional
      analog-style basses, pads and brass sounds in order to replace those
      weird presets.

      It's amazing that Viscount didn't put more effort into preset patch
      programming. It's more like some pointy-haired guy made a last-
      minute address to someone at the ASIC development department,
      like "Hello there Gino the engineer, can you patch up something
      dandy for the OB*12, I'm thinking Star Wars, Maserati or perhaps
      Scooby-Doo"

      ;-)

      Cyanide

      --- In FriendsofOB12@y..., "Alain Kinet VDBerghe"
      <a.vandenberghe@s...> wrote:
      > brillant idea !!!!
      > I have some good patches too, but not enough to make a bank, so i'm
      > interessed too, but how?
      >
      > Alain K.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • synthia90210
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 12, 2002
        Hi there Cyanide!

        Oooooooooooooooooh , you have new patches???

        Can you post them up here in sysex form? I have some too but I can't
        get the Ob12 editor to work. The program wont even open because it
        says' CANNOT MAKE CONNECTION" . It ried it on another computer and
        the same thing happened.

        I guess just put them up in sysex form and then somebody else can put
        them in OB12 editor format ... however it works out please do post
        them . I love hearing other people creations on the OB12.

        Take care ,
        Caroline

        --- In FriendsofOB12@y..., "skallberg" <cyanide@p...> wrote:
        > Hey gang!
        >
        > I'm back from a nice and long christmas holiday, didn't even touch
        > my synths...
        >
        > Anyway, nice to see that more people have been tweaking patches for
        > the obie. The patches I will be posting are mainly traditional
        > analog-style basses, pads and brass sounds in order to replace
        those
        > weird presets.
        >
        > It's amazing that Viscount didn't put more effort into preset patch
        > programming. It's more like some pointy-haired guy made a last-
        > minute address to someone at the ASIC development department,
        > like "Hello there Gino the engineer, can you patch up something
        > dandy for the OB*12, I'm thinking Star Wars, Maserati or perhaps
        > Scooby-Doo"
        >

        > ;-)
        >
        > Cyanide
        >
        > --- In FriendsofOB12@y..., "Alain Kinet VDBerghe"
        > <a.vandenberghe@s...> wrote:
        > > brillant idea !!!!
        > > I have some good patches too, but not enough to make a bank, so
        i'm
        > > interessed too, but how?
        > >
        > > Alain K.

      • Alain Kinet VDBerghe
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 13, 2002
          If you have a straight midi-connection and the OB-12 is "power on" it must
          work.
          When the OB is not "on" than you have the info "CANNOT MAKE CONNECTION".
          Here is working fine and transmitting "timbres" is maybe the best way to
          exchange patches.

          B.t.w.:

          Alain K.