Tracking Issue?

  • charlespjackson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 11, 2010
      I believe I'm experiencing a tracking issue with my ob-12?
      Basically sometimes notes aren't triggering AT ALL and
      other times it seems like I'm unable to get more than 4 notes of polyphony at any one time?
      Has anyone ever experienced something similar?
      All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    • somethingkillingyou
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 12, 2010
        it seems like you're doing big mistakes with midi channels.

        and the 4 note polyphony problem...

        do you know that the OB12 is multi-timbral?

        do you know that in unison mode polyphony is 4 notes?

        read the fucking manual!

        --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com, "charlespjackson" <charlespjackson@...> wrote:

        > I believe I'm experiencing a tracking issue with my ob-12?
        > Basically sometimes notes aren't triggering AT ALL and
        > other times it seems like I'm unable to get more than 4 notes of polyphony at any one time?
        > Has anyone ever experienced something similar?
        > All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

      • Jez Thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 12, 2010
          RTFM assumes that:
          - You have the manual
          - You can make sense of the English translated from Italian

          Some tests:
          Set up a sound where you have full polyphony see if there's any pattern
          in what notes don't play.
          Set up a split with 4 mono sounds
          Double-check your midi filtering and the routing to the outs
          I get more than 4 notes polyphony with unison on my OB-12

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 12, 2010
            manual says:

            "UNISON

            The UNISON function allows you to play three voices simultaneously by pressing one key on the keyboard, enriching the sound and giving it more body. When this function is used, the polyphony will be reduced to 4 notes."

            "VOICE RESERVE: sets the minimum number of voices the instrument must play for the part considered. The OB-12 automatically adapts its maximum polyphony to the complexity of the timbre and what is being performed on the keyboard. This means that certain notes may be
            eliminated from the performance. This parameter allows the user to inform the instrument of the minimum number of voices which must always be performed, at the expense of what is being performed with other Parts.
            If the UNISON folder is now selected, it will be possible to display the parameters relating to the function of the same name. This function allows the timbre to be played at the chosen moment as
            if three (identical) timbres were really active simultaneously, giving a sound with more body. In this case, the polyphony will be reduced by one third, since the instrument is generating three timbres
            simultaneously instead of one. You can also set the timbres out of tune with each to make the sound even deeper and more complex."

            I'm note sure how many voices I can actually play in unison, I have to check... anyway the more voice you play, the more crappy it will play, because you can experience some delay time with notes...

            btw if you use a patch that layers 4 timbres, your polyphony will be 3 notes, that's for sure...

            Fabio