new forum

  • Liquid_Space_Deffect
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2007
      recently bought a nice ob-12 machine.

      and started forum for it, maybe someone will be interested to join

      http://www.ob-12.com/forum/

      thanks.
    • matrix
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2007

        Does the forum have RSS?  The one thing about forums is I always forget to check back as I get lost checking everything else out there.  The one think I like about email lists and RSS feeds is the information comes to me.  To give you an example, I currently subscribe to 239 feeds.  Imagine checking going directly to 239 sites a day.  It would be draining but with RSS I can keep track of all these sites, and only when something new comes in.  Same with email lists.  I get email when something new comes in.  If the forum has RSS it would be the same.

        The other thing to consider is how active is this list and do you want to dilute it even further.  It’s nice to have a common place for owners of a given synth, especially when the number of owners is small.  When you start adding more places it could spread what is an already thin group further.  I’m not against the forum btw, just making  note of something.  An example of this was one of the longest running threads on Sonic State’s the-gas-station.  It was called The Olde Oberheim Abbey.  It was a great thread until someone decided to make an online forum for just it.  The thread completely dried up and the longest running thread on Sonic State died.  It was really sad.

        But, maybe an OB12 forum is a good idea. It would be easier for others not on the list to find and review archived threads.  Just add RSS please!  J

        cheers,

        matrix

        http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com