Anyone solve the dead LCD issue?

  • synthman69
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2007
      With the recent unavailability of the ob-12 site, I don't know where
      else to ask this question, and there doesn't seem to be a definitive
      answer in the messages posted here:

      I have the rows of dead pixels in my LCD. How do you replace it? I
      have a good repair guy, but he needs info. Does the brighter LED with
      resistor trick mentioned take care of the dead pixels as well? Any
      help would be appreciated, and thanks.
    • ENSEMBLE R-WW
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16, 2007
        Hi,

        My LCD display died like so many others. I sent it to Cimple Solutions for repair:
        I'll find out when I collect it this week, but, they say they have replaced the LCD (for £141) - which Viscount tell me is a good price. They did an inhouse job.
        Oh no, I didn't realise the site had gone - Viscount have always been very helpful when I have emailed them about the ob12, I hope they will at least still respond to emails.

        Robert

        ps none of my songs was created with the ob12 - its been out of action for a while..not for much longer, hopefull :)

        synthman69 <synthman2@...> wrote:
        With the recent unavailability of the ob-12 site, I don't know where
        else to ask this question, and there doesn't seem to be a definitive
        answer in the messages posted here:

        I have the rows of dead pixels in my LCD. How do you replace it? I
        have a good repair guy, but he needs info. Does the brighter LED with
        resistor trick mentioned take care of the dead pixels as well? Any
        help would be appreciated, and thanks.

      • Joost den Hertog
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17, 2007
          I have repair it by my self

          mostley it are dead leds... so the lcd is still ok.
           it is placed as an assembly so you have to take it appart like a watch or clock.
          try to not tuch the lcd.... and take care for what is up and what is down side.

          the leds are molded into the plasic window under the lcd.
          You have to saw them out
          replace the lesd with nwe ones and add a risitor to prevent futher demage.. (the current is little to high fore the leds..)

          you have to modeify the leds a little to adjust them back, they heve to made a little thinner .

          costs about 0.20 per led..... and .50 for a risitor.. ;-)

          please buy first the leds and resistors before opening the OB-12

          ****  note **    number ore collar the cabels insode because the plugs are all the same so they are easely mixed up...

          Joost