...# of OB12 made?

  • somethingkillingyou
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 12, 2006
      Hi folks

      a guy on ebay is selling is OBie claming that "only around 500 units
      were produced, making it a very rare synth"...

      is it true? I asked Viscount several times about the # of units made,
      but they never answered...

      If someone knows it, I'd like to get an answer!

      bye

      Fabio
    • jammer
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
        somethingkillingyou wrote:
        > Hi folks
        >
        > a guy on ebay is selling is OBie claming that "only around 500 units
        > were produced, making it a very rare synth"...
        >
        > is it true? I asked Viscount several times about the # of units made,
        > but they never answered...
        >
        > If someone knows it, I'd like to get an answer!
        >
        > bye
        >
        > Fabio

        i find that impossible to believe

        --
        jammer
        www.jammer.biz
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
          > i find that impossible to believe

          ME TOO!

          in fact the point of the question is the exact number, but sure it
          is bigger than 500!

          if you go to vintagesynth.com you will find out that it has been
          voted 414 times (rate 4.4/5)...

          yes, we're not sure that ONLY the ones who really own one have voted
          (not counting the 2nd and maybe 3rd hand OBie out there), BTW the
          huge number of votes and the fact that vintagesynth is not Google,
          let us think there are thousands OBie out there!

          BUT WHO KNOWS THE EXACT NUMBER?

          see ya

          Fabio

          --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com, jammer <jammer@...> wrote:

          > somethingkillingyou wrote:
          > > Hi folks
          > >
          > > a guy on ebay is selling is OBie claming that "only around 500
          units
          > > were produced, making it a very rare synth"...
          > >
          > > is it true? I asked Viscount several times about the # of units
          made,
          > > but they never answered...
          > >
          > > If someone knows it, I'd like to get an answer!
          > >
          > > bye
          > >
          > > Fabio
          >

          > i find that impossible to believe
          >
          > --
          > jammer
          > www.jammer.biz
          > www.myspace.com/findjammer

        • Banquo
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 30, 2006
            Does anyone know if there is a way to have a Hold function on the OB?

            I'm not talking about the OB's Hold function that's on the arpegiattor,
            I'm talking about a Hold fcuntion where you can play a chord, press Hold
            and that chord plays until you press Hold again.

            I've been using my Alesis Micron live up to this point (which has a Hold
            function as I describe, and whihc I use a LOT), but the rest of the band
            think the Micron sounds like shit, and want Big Blue to come back into
            the live rig. But I need that damned Hold function...
          • somethingkillingyou
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 30, 2006
              use a pedal!

              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 1, 2006
                A sustain pedal? No, I've already got one, but that's not what I'm
                talking about.

                What I was doing with the Micron was playing an intro on the Micron,
                pressing Hold at the end (the Micron then drones on that chord), and
                transferring to guitar to play the rest of the song. I would switch the
                Micron out of the song during choruses by tapping a MIDI pedal that set
                the master volume to zero, then bringing it back in by pressing the same
                pedal, which would then put the master volume back up to 127. Keeping my
                foot held down on a pedal for an entire verse is not only a pain in the
                butt, it would also mean I can't easily change my guitar pedals (which I
                need to do) or move around (which I also need to do!), or concentrate on
                singing (which I also need to do!).

                Having re-read the manual and done some reading of the MIDI specs I
                don't think it's possible on the OB. However I might be able to use the
                phrase sampler to do it, if I can figure that out.

                somethingkillingyou wrote:

                > use a pedal!
                >
                > --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com
                > <mailto:FriendsofOB12%40yahoogroups.com>, Banquo <banquo@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Does anyone know if there is a way to have a Hold function on the OB?
                > >
                > > I'm not talking about the OB's Hold function that's on the
                > arpegiattor,
                > > I'm talking about a Hold fcuntion where you can play a chord, press
                > Hold
                > > and that chord plays until you press Hold again.
                > >
                > > I've been using my Alesis Micron live up to this point (which has a
                > Hold
                > > function as I describe, and whihc I use a LOT), but the rest of the
                > band
                > > think the Micron sounds like shit, and want Big Blue to come back
                > into
                > > the live rig. But I need that damned Hold function...

              • Jez
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 1, 2006
                  Just done that with a Yamaha Sustain pedal.

                  It works the "wrong" way round.

                  Plug pedal in to Switch 1, depress it, play chord, let go, and the chord stays.

                  I'd guesss it would work with a straight toggle switch as well.