Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Poll results for FriendsofOB12

Expand Messages
  • FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com
    The following FriendsofOB12 poll is now closed. Here are the final results: POLL QUESTION: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU USE YOUR OB•12 FOR? (I tried to cover a
    Message 1 of 21 , May 1, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      The following FriendsofOB12 poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:


      POLL QUESTION: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU USE YOUR OB�12 FOR? (I tried to cover a large range of genres!)

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - techno / dance / house, 2 votes, 8.33%
      - electro, 6 votes, 25.00%
      - hip hop / rap, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - pop, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - synth pop / '80, 3 votes, 12.50%
      - new wave / dark, 5 votes, 20.83%
      - rock / hard rock, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - blues / jazz, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - soundtracks, 4 votes, 16.67%
      - ...I don't know!, 2 votes, 8.33%

      INDIVIDUAL VOTES
      - techno / dance / house
      - jvaisane@...
      - i89p@...
      - electro
      - a.fronte@...
      - jvaisane@...
      - tyranisko@...
      - chris.brasted@...
      - i89p@...
      - kinet@...
      - hip hop / rap
      - pop
      - hans_gld@...
      - synth pop / '80
      - somethingkillingyou@...
      - fonedude55@...
      - i89p@...
      - new wave / dark
      - somethingkillingyou@...
      - ron@...
      - joostdenhertog@...
      - i89p@...
      - grrrdtz@...
      - rock / hard rock
      - joostdenhertog@...
      - blues / jazz
      - soundtracks
      - ron@...
      - jvaisane@...
      - i89p@...
      - kinet@...
      - ...I don't know!
      - jvaisane@...
      - joostdenhertog@...


      For more information about this group, please visit
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FriendsofOB12

      For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
    • somethingkillingyou
      Hi the poll intention was just to show that this is a versatile synth... well, it is! enjoy OB-12 see ya Fabio ... tried to cover a large range of genres!)
      Message 2 of 21 , May 2, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi

        the poll intention was just to show that this is a versatile synth...
        well, it is!

        enjoy OB-12

        see ya

        Fabio

        --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com, FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com
        wrote:
        >
        >
        > The following FriendsofOB12 poll is now closed. Here are the
        > final results:
        >
        >
        > POLL QUESTION: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU USE YOUR OB•12 FOR? (I
        tried to cover a large range of genres!)
        >
        > CHOICES AND RESULTS
        > - techno / dance / house, 2 votes, 8.33%
        > - electro, 6 votes, 25.00%
        > - hip hop / rap, 0 votes, 0.00%
        > - pop, 1 votes, 4.17%
        > - synth pop / '80, 3 votes, 12.50%
        > - new wave / dark, 5 votes, 20.83%
        > - rock / hard rock, 1 votes, 4.17%
        > - blues / jazz, 0 votes, 0.00%
        > - soundtracks, 4 votes, 16.67%
        > - ...I don't know!, 2 votes, 8.33%
        >
        > INDIVIDUAL VOTES
        > - techno / dance / house
        > - jvaisane@...
        > - i89p@...
        > - electro
        > - a.fronte@...
        > - jvaisane@...
        > - tyranisko@...
        > - chris.brasted@...
        > - i89p@...
        > - kinet@...
        > - hip hop / rap
        > - pop
        > - hans_gld@...
        > - synth pop / '80
        > - somethingkillingyou@...
        > - fonedude55@...
        > - i89p@...
        > - new wave / dark
        > - somethingkillingyou@...
        > - ron@...
        > - joostdenhertog@...
        > - i89p@...
        > - grrrdtz@...
        > - rock / hard rock
        > - joostdenhertog@...
        > - blues / jazz
        > - soundtracks
        > - ron@...
        > - jvaisane@...
        > - i89p@...
        > - kinet@...
        > - ...I don't know!
        > - jvaisane@...
        > - joostdenhertog@...
        >
        >
        > For more information about this group, please visit
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FriendsofOB12
        >
        > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
        > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
        >
      • Joseph Ralston
        Versatile yes. Retardedly slow response, yes. It s a shame this synth looks so hot and performs so poorly. MIDI clock is never accurate (1-2 beats off), LCD s
        Message 3 of 21 , May 4, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          Versatile yes. Retardedly slow response, yes. It's a shame this synth looks so hot and performs so poorly. MIDI clock is never accurate (1-2 beats off), LCD's burn out, and it's the only synth I own that makes you wait 1-2 seconds to hear the program change. It's a wonder I still have it around, honestly. I wish it did perform as well as it looks.
           
          lan


          somethingkillingyou <somethingkillingyou@...> wrote:
          Hi

          the poll intention was just to show that this is a versatile synth...
          well, it is!

          enjoy OB-12

          see ya

          Fabio

          --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com, FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com
          wrote:
          >
          >
          > The following FriendsofOB12 poll is now closed.  Here are the
          > final results:
          >
          >
          > POLL QUESTION: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU USE YOUR OB•12 FOR? (I
          tried to cover a large range of genres!)
          >
          > CHOICES AND RESULTS
          > - techno / dance / house, 2 votes, 8.33% 
          > - electro, 6 votes, 25.00% 
          > - hip hop / rap, 0 votes, 0.00% 
          > - pop, 1 votes, 4.17% 
          > - synth pop / '80, 3 votes, 12.50% 
          > - new wave / dark, 5 votes, 20.83% 
          > - rock / hard rock, 1 votes, 4.17% 
          > - blues / jazz, 0 votes, 0.00% 
          > - soundtracks, 4 votes, 16.67% 
          > - ...I don't know!, 2 votes, 8.33% 
          >
          > INDIVIDUAL VOTES
          > - techno / dance / house
          >      - jvaisane@...
          >      - i89p@...
          > - electro
          >      - a.fronte@...
          >      - jvaisane@...
          >      - tyranisko@...
          >      - chris.brasted@...
          >      - i89p@...
          >      - kinet@...
          > - hip hop / rap
          > - pop
          >      - hans_gld@...
          > - synth pop / '80
          >      - somethingkillingyou@...
          >      - fonedude55@...
          >      - i89p@...
          > - new wave / dark
          >      - somethingkillingyou@...
          >      - ron@...
          >      - joostdenhertog@...
          >      - i89p@...
          >      - grrrdtz@...
          > - rock / hard rock
          >      - joostdenhertog@...
          > - blues / jazz
          > - soundtracks
          >      - ron@...
          >      - jvaisane@...
          >      - i89p@...
          >      - kinet@...
          > - ...I don't know!
          >      - jvaisane@...
          >      - joostdenhertog@...
          >
          >
          > For more information about this group, please visit
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FriendsofOB12
          >
          > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
          > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
          >







          How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

        • somethingkillingyou
          hey you, don t shit on the obie! NOTHING is perfect! SLOW PROGRAM CHANGE in performance mode isn t a problem! USE MORPHING! change the program while you re
          Message 4 of 21 , May 4, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            hey you, don't shit on the obie!
            NOTHING is perfect!

            SLOW PROGRAM CHANGE in performance mode isn't a problem!
            USE MORPHING!
            change the program while you're playng another synth...
            there are several solution to the slow program change!

            IT'S NOT THE ONLY SYNTH SLOW TO CHANGE BETWEEN PROGRAMS!
            the greatest part of the synths is slow at that!

            about LCD, it seems you never owned a Keyboard...
            it's a common problem to many synths...
            and it's solvable...

            btw I haven't had that problem up to now...
            I'm an hobbist, I don't play everyday and all daytime,
            but I hope it's not just a matter of time...

            I believe (hope) that even the midi-clock problem can be solved...

            BTW, if you want, you can SELL your Obie to someone who'll
            appreciate it more!


            Fabio


            --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Ralston
            <voxdestrukt@...> wrote:
            >
            > Versatile yes. Retardedly slow response, yes. It's a shame this
            synth looks so hot and performs so poorly. MIDI clock is never
            accurate (1-2 beats off), LCD's burn out, and it's the only synth I
            own that makes you wait 1-2 seconds to hear the program change. It's
            a wonder I still have it around, honestly. I wish it did perform as
            well as it looks.
            >
            > lan
            >
            >
            > somethingkillingyou <somethingkillingyou@...> wrote:
            > Hi
            >
            > the poll intention was just to show that this is a versatile
            synth...
            > well, it is!
            >
            > enjoy OB-12
            >
            > see ya
            >
            > Fabio
            >
            > --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com,
            FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com
            > wrote:
            > >
            > >
            > > The following FriendsofOB12 poll is now closed. Here are the
            > > final results:
            > >
            > >
            > > POLL QUESTION: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU USE YOUR OB•12 FOR? (I
            > tried to cover a large range of genres!)
            > >
            > > CHOICES AND RESULTS
            > > - techno / dance / house, 2 votes, 8.33%
            > > - electro, 6 votes, 25.00%
            > > - hip hop / rap, 0 votes, 0.00%
            > > - pop, 1 votes, 4.17%
            > > - synth pop / '80, 3 votes, 12.50%
            > > - new wave / dark, 5 votes, 20.83%
            > > - rock / hard rock, 1 votes, 4.17%
            > > - blues / jazz, 0 votes, 0.00%
            > > - soundtracks, 4 votes, 16.67%
            > > - ...I don't know!, 2 votes, 8.33%
            > >
            > > INDIVIDUAL VOTES
            > > - techno / dance / house
            > > - jvaisane@
            > > - i89p@
            > > - electro
            > > - a.fronte@
            > > - jvaisane@
            > > - tyranisko@
            > > - chris.brasted@
            > > - i89p@
            > > - kinet@
            > > - hip hop / rap
            > > - pop
            > > - hans_gld@
            > > - synth pop / '80
            > > - somethingkillingyou@
            > > - fonedude55@
            > > - i89p@
            > > - new wave / dark
            > > - somethingkillingyou@
            > > - ron@
            > > - joostdenhertog@
            > > - i89p@
            > > - grrrdtz@
            > > - rock / hard rock
            > > - joostdenhertog@
            > > - blues / jazz
            > > - soundtracks
            > > - ron@
            > > - jvaisane@
            > > - i89p@
            > > - kinet@
            > > - ...I don't know!
            > > - jvaisane@
            > > - joostdenhertog@
            > >
            > >
            > > For more information about this group, please visit
            > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FriendsofOB12
            > >
            > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
            > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
            > >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > SPONSORED LINKS
            > Music sampler Music synthesizers Synthesizer music
            Sampler
            >
            > ---------------------------------
            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >
            >
            > Visit your group "FriendsofOB12" on the web.
            >
            > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            > FriendsofOB12-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
            Service.
            >
            >
            > ---------------------------------
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > ---------------------------------
            > How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone
            call rates.
            >
          • Joseph Ralston
            Well, these are the obvious pitfalls of the synth. I own one, so I can speak from experience here. I get some value out of it. I like the pads. In fact, I love
            Message 5 of 21 , May 6, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              Well, these are the obvious pitfalls of the synth. I
              own one, so I can speak from experience here. I get
              some value out of it. I like the pads. In fact, I love
              the whole damn concept of the synth, it just lacks in
              some performance areas that seriously matter to a
              working musician (me), and a musician that wants their
              gear to work in sync with their entire rig (also me).
              If you call this "shitting" on it, then so be it. They
              are facts.

              'the greatest part of the synths is slow at that!'

              Well, lets see here. I own the Virus, Nord Lead,
              JP-8080, MS2000R, Waldorf Pulse, Akai S5000, Quasimidi
              309, Juno-106, MFB PolyLite and Synthlite II and a
              couple others, and NONE of them have this problem.
              Further, ALL of them sync to the proper MTC clock. The
              OB-12 is the only one that performs terribly at both.
              Further again, the only other LCD I've had problems
              with is the Alesis Quadraverb II (also notorious for
              LCD problems and burnouts).

              I have to say the OB-12 is the sexiest looking synth I
              own. But that doesn't help my music. I get by without
              the features it lacks in. It has a flavor of it's own
              and if the OS updates could solve these few problems
              it would be an ideal synth. It's packed with features,
              all the controls are there at your fingertips. Like I
              said, cool concept, but poor on the performance tip.

              Also, I have repaired my OB-12 LCD myself, But it
              still acts up sometimes. Still, that doesn't affect
              the playability.

              I believe (hope) that even the midi-clock problem
              > can be solved...

              Me too, because that to me IS the biggest problem I
              have with this synth. I will probably sell it someday,
              because it is unlikely than another OS will come along
              to resolve this issue. It has it's value and I keep it
              around for the things it can do well, which is
              anything that doesn't involve syncing or programed
              patch changes.

              lanrosta


              --- somethingkillingyou <somethingkillingyou@...>
              wrote:

              > hey you, don't shit on the obie!
              > NOTHING is perfect!
              >
              > SLOW PROGRAM CHANGE in performance mode isn't a
              > problem!
              > USE MORPHING!
              > change the program while you're playng another
              > synth...
              > there are several solution to the slow program
              > change!
              >
              > IT'S NOT THE ONLY SYNTH SLOW TO CHANGE BETWEEN
              > PROGRAMS!
              > the greatest part of the synths is slow at that!
              >
              > about LCD, it seems you never owned a Keyboard...
              > it's a common problem to many synths...
              > and it's solvable...
              >
              > btw I haven't had that problem up to now...
              > I'm an hobbist, I don't play everyday and all
              > daytime,
              > but I hope it's not just a matter of time...
              >
              > I believe (hope) that even the midi-clock problem
              > can be solved...
              >
              > BTW, if you want, you can SELL your Obie to someone
              > who'll
              > appreciate it more!
              >
              >
              > Fabio
              >
              >
              > --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Ralston
              >
              > <voxdestrukt@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Versatile yes. Retardedly slow response, yes. It's
              > a shame this
              > synth looks so hot and performs so poorly. MIDI
              > clock is never
              > accurate (1-2 beats off), LCD's burn out, and it's
              > the only synth I
              > own that makes you wait 1-2 seconds to hear the
              > program change. It's
              > a wonder I still have it around, honestly. I wish it
              > did perform as
              > well as it looks.
              > >
              > > lan
              > >
              > >
              > > somethingkillingyou <somethingkillingyou@...>
              > wrote:
              > > Hi
              > >
              > > the poll intention was just to show that this is a
              > versatile
              > synth...
              > > well, it is!
              > >
              > > enjoy OB-12
              > >
              > > see ya
              > >
              > > Fabio
              > >
              > > --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com,
              > FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > >
              > > > The following FriendsofOB12 poll is now closed.
              > Here are the
              > > > final results:
              > > >
              > > >
              > > > POLL QUESTION: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU USE
              > YOUR OB•12 FOR? (I
              > > tried to cover a large range of genres!)
              > > >
              > > > CHOICES AND RESULTS
              > > > - techno / dance / house, 2 votes, 8.33%
              > > > - electro, 6 votes, 25.00%
              > > > - hip hop / rap, 0 votes, 0.00%
              > > > - pop, 1 votes, 4.17%
              > > > - synth pop / '80, 3 votes, 12.50%
              > > > - new wave / dark, 5 votes, 20.83%
              > > > - rock / hard rock, 1 votes, 4.17%
              > > > - blues / jazz, 0 votes, 0.00%
              > > > - soundtracks, 4 votes, 16.67%
              > > > - ...I don't know!, 2 votes, 8.33%
              > > >
              > > > INDIVIDUAL VOTES
              > > > - techno / dance / house
              > > > - jvaisane@
              > > > - i89p@
              > > > - electro
              > > > - a.fronte@
              > > > - jvaisane@
              > > > - tyranisko@
              > > > - chris.brasted@
              > > > - i89p@
              > > > - kinet@
              > > > - hip hop / rap
              > > > - pop
              > > > - hans_gld@
              > > > - synth pop / '80
              > > > - somethingkillingyou@
              > > > - fonedude55@
              > > > - i89p@
              > > > - new wave / dark
              > > > - somethingkillingyou@
              > > > - ron@
              > > > - joostdenhertog@
              > > > - i89p@
              > > > - grrrdtz@
              > > > - rock / hard rock
              > > > - joostdenhertog@
              > > > - blues / jazz
              > > > - soundtracks
              > > > - ron@
              > > > - jvaisane@
              > > > - i89p@
              > > > - kinet@
              > > > - ...I don't know!
              > > > - jvaisane@
              > > > - joostdenhertog@
              > > >
              > > >
              > > > For more information about this group, please
              > visit
              > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FriendsofOB12
              > > >
              > > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
              > > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
              > > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > SPONSORED LINKS
              > > Music sampler Music synthesizers
              > Synthesizer music
              > Sampler
              > >
              > > ---------------------------------
              > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              > >
              > >
              > > Visit your group "FriendsofOB12" on the web.
              > >
              > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
              > to:
              > > FriendsofOB12-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              > >
              > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
              > Yahoo! Terms of
              > Service.
              > >
              > >
              > > ---------------------------------
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > ---------------------------------
              > > How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's
              > low PC-to-Phone
              > call rates.
              > >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >


              __________________________________________________
              Do You Yahoo!?
              Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • airincarter
              I actually used to be one of the ones that thought that the OB12 had serious midi sync issues. Then I realized that there were midi parameters in the options
              Message 6 of 21 , May 16, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                I actually used to be one of the ones that thought that the OB12 had
                serious midi sync issues. Then I realized that there were midi
                parameters in the options page that I had NEVER seen before. It seems
                that Viscount really went all out when they designed the OB and gave
                more user control parameters and options that even many seasoned pro's
                were not used to. After fooling around with these midi clock options
                my sync issuses went away. Granted, there still are some minor things
                that pop up from time to time, it's nowhere near the worst of
                complaints. I even added proof that the midi was tight when I made two
                songs using the OB12 to it's near-maximum potential. I had all 4 midi
                parts playing simultaneously (no multi-tracking), with all 4 channels
                using the ob12 internal effects, plus mod wheels.

                After figuring all this out, not once did I ever have anymore drifting
                or choking. To hear these examples for yourself, I added both songs
                to our files section here. (These have been in there for a while
                now, so many of you are already familiar with them.)

                Cheers!
                Airin


                --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Ralston <voxdestrukt@...>
                wrote:
                >
                > Well, these are the obvious pitfalls of the synth. I
                > own one, so I can speak from experience here. I get
                > some value out of it. I like the pads. In fact, I love
                > the whole damn concept of the synth, it just lacks in
                > some performance areas that seriously matter to a
                > working musician (me), and a musician that wants their
                > gear to work in sync with their entire rig (also me).
                > If you call this "shitting" on it, then so be it. They
                > are facts.
                >
                > 'the greatest part of the synths is slow at that!'
                >
                > Well, lets see here. I own the Virus, Nord Lead,
                > JP-8080, MS2000R, Waldorf Pulse, Akai S5000, Quasimidi
                > 309, Juno-106, MFB PolyLite and Synthlite II and a
                > couple others, and NONE of them have this problem.
                > Further, ALL of them sync to the proper MTC clock. The
                > OB-12 is the only one that performs terribly at both.
                > Further again, the only other LCD I've had problems
                > with is the Alesis Quadraverb II (also notorious for
                > LCD problems and burnouts).
                >
                > I have to say the OB-12 is the sexiest looking synth I
                > own. But that doesn't help my music. I get by without
                > the features it lacks in. It has a flavor of it's own
                > and if the OS updates could solve these few problems
                > it would be an ideal synth. It's packed with features,
                > all the controls are there at your fingertips. Like I
                > said, cool concept, but poor on the performance tip.
                >
                > Also, I have repaired my OB-12 LCD myself, But it
                > still acts up sometimes. Still, that doesn't affect
                > the playability.
                >
                > I believe (hope) that even the midi-clock problem
                > > can be solved...
                >
                > Me too, because that to me IS the biggest problem I
                > have with this synth. I will probably sell it someday,
                > because it is unlikely than another OS will come along
                > to resolve this issue. It has it's value and I keep it
                > around for the things it can do well, which is
                > anything that doesn't involve syncing or programed
                > patch changes.
                >
                > lanrosta
                >
                >
                > --- somethingkillingyou <somethingkillingyou@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > > hey you, don't shit on the obie!
                > > NOTHING is perfect!
                > >
                > > SLOW PROGRAM CHANGE in performance mode isn't a
                > > problem!
                > > USE MORPHING!
                > > change the program while you're playng another
                > > synth...
                > > there are several solution to the slow program
                > > change!
                > >
                > > IT'S NOT THE ONLY SYNTH SLOW TO CHANGE BETWEEN
                > > PROGRAMS!
                > > the greatest part of the synths is slow at that!
                > >
                > > about LCD, it seems you never owned a Keyboard...
                > > it's a common problem to many synths...
                > > and it's solvable...
                > >
                > > btw I haven't had that problem up to now...
                > > I'm an hobbist, I don't play everyday and all
                > > daytime,
                > > but I hope it's not just a matter of time...
                > >
                > > I believe (hope) that even the midi-clock problem
                > > can be solved...
                > >
                > > BTW, if you want, you can SELL your Obie to someone
                > > who'll
                > > appreciate it more!
                > >
                > >
                > > Fabio
                > >
                > >
                > > --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Ralston
                > >
                > > <voxdestrukt@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Versatile yes. Retardedly slow response, yes. It's
                > > a shame this
                > > synth looks so hot and performs so poorly. MIDI
                > > clock is never
                > > accurate (1-2 beats off), LCD's burn out, and it's
                > > the only synth I
                > > own that makes you wait 1-2 seconds to hear the
                > > program change. It's
                > > a wonder I still have it around, honestly. I wish it
                > > did perform as
                > > well as it looks.
                > > >
                > > > lan
                > > >
                > > >
                > > > somethingkillingyou <somethingkillingyou@>
                > > wrote:
                > > > Hi
                > > >
                > > > the poll intention was just to show that this is a
                > > versatile
                > > synth...
                > > > well, it is!
                > > >
                > > > enjoy OB-12
                > > >
                > > > see ya
                > > >
                > > > Fabio
                > > >
                > > > --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com,
                > > FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com
                > > > wrote:
                > > > >
                > > > >
                > > > > The following FriendsofOB12 poll is now closed.
                > > Here are the
                > > > > final results:
                > > > >
                > > > >
                > > > > POLL QUESTION: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU USE
                > > YOUR OB•12 FOR? (I
                > > > tried to cover a large range of genres!)
                > > > >
                > > > > CHOICES AND RESULTS
                > > > > - techno / dance / house, 2 votes, 8.33%
                > > > > - electro, 6 votes, 25.00%
                > > > > - hip hop / rap, 0 votes, 0.00%
                > > > > - pop, 1 votes, 4.17%
                > > > > - synth pop / '80, 3 votes, 12.50%
                > > > > - new wave / dark, 5 votes, 20.83%
                > > > > - rock / hard rock, 1 votes, 4.17%
                > > > > - blues / jazz, 0 votes, 0.00%
                > > > > - soundtracks, 4 votes, 16.67%
                > > > > - ...I don't know!, 2 votes, 8.33%
                > > > >
                > > > > INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                > > > > - techno / dance / house
                > > > > - jvaisane@
                > > > > - i89p@
                > > > > - electro
                > > > > - a.fronte@
                > > > > - jvaisane@
                > > > > - tyranisko@
                > > > > - chris.brasted@
                > > > > - i89p@
                > > > > - kinet@
                > > > > - hip hop / rap
                > > > > - pop
                > > > > - hans_gld@
                > > > > - synth pop / '80
                > > > > - somethingkillingyou@
                > > > > - fonedude55@
                > > > > - i89p@
                > > > > - new wave / dark
                > > > > - somethingkillingyou@
                > > > > - ron@
                > > > > - joostdenhertog@
                > > > > - i89p@
                > > > > - grrrdtz@
                > > > > - rock / hard rock
                > > > > - joostdenhertog@
                > > > > - blues / jazz
                > > > > - soundtracks
                > > > > - ron@
                > > > > - jvaisane@
                > > > > - i89p@
                > > > > - kinet@
                > > > > - ...I don't know!
                > > > > - jvaisane@
                > > > > - joostdenhertog@
                > > > >
                > > > >
                > > > > For more information about this group, please
                > > visit
                > > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FriendsofOB12
                > > > >
                > > > > For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
                > > > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
                > > > >
                > > >
                > > >
                > > >
                > > >
                > > >
                > > >
                > > >
                > > > SPONSORED LINKS
                > > > Music sampler Music synthesizers
                > > Synthesizer music
                > > Sampler
                > > >
                > > > ---------------------------------
                > > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                > > >
                > > >
                > > > Visit your group "FriendsofOB12" on the web.
                > > >
                > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
                > > to:
                > > > FriendsofOB12-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                > > >
                > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
                > > Yahoo! Terms of
                > > Service.
                > > >
                > > >
                > > > ---------------------------------
                > > >
                > > >
                > > >
                > > >
                > > >
                > > > ---------------------------------
                > > > How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's
                > > low PC-to-Phone
                > > call rates.
                > > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                >
                >
                > __________________________________________________
                > Do You Yahoo!?
                > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
                > http://mail.yahoo.com
                >
              • matrix
                ... It s interesting that you had to go and change anything rather than having the defaults set appropriately for you, unless of course you did something
                Message 7 of 21 , May 16, 2006
                • 0 Attachment
                  >I actually used to be one of the ones that thought that the OB12
                  had
                  >serious midi sync issues. Then I realized that there were
                  midi
                  >parameters in the options page that I had NEVER seen before. It
                  seems
                  >that Viscount really went all out when they designed the OB and
                  gave
                  >more user control parameters and options that even many seasoned
                  pro's
                  >were not used to. After fooling around with these midi clock
                  options
                  >my sync issuses went away. Granted, there still are some minor
                  things
                  It's interesting that you had to go and change anything rather than having the defaults set appropriately for you, unless of course you did something others would not want.  Another interesting quirk with the OB12 is how applying aftertouch to filter cut-off brings the current filter settings down. How do you get around this btw.  Say I set my filter cutoff to 50% open and I want the aftertouch to bring it from 50% to 100%.  How do I do that again and why didn't they make this the default behavior?
                   
                  cheers,
                  matrix
                • somethingkillingyou
                  Hi folks a guy on ebay is selling is OBie claming that only around 500 units were produced, making it a very rare synth ... is it true? I asked Viscount
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 12, 2006
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Hi folks

                    a guy on ebay is selling is OBie claming that "only around 500 units
                    were produced, making it a very rare synth"...

                    is it true? I asked Viscount several times about the # of units made,
                    but they never answered...

                    If someone knows it, I'd like to get an answer!

                    bye

                    Fabio
                  • jammer
                    ... i find that impossible to believe -- jammer www.jammer.biz www.myspace.com/findjammer
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                    • 0 Attachment
                      somethingkillingyou wrote:
                      > Hi folks
                      >
                      > a guy on ebay is selling is OBie claming that "only around 500 units
                      > were produced, making it a very rare synth"...
                      >
                      > is it true? I asked Viscount several times about the # of units made,
                      > but they never answered...
                      >
                      > If someone knows it, I'd like to get an answer!
                      >
                      > bye
                      >
                      > Fabio


                      i find that impossible to believe

                      --
                      jammer
                      www.jammer.biz
                      www.myspace.com/findjammer
                    • somethingkillingyou
                      ... ME TOO! in fact the point of the question is the exact number, but sure it is bigger than 500! if you go to vintagesynth.com you will find out that it has
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 13, 2006
                      • 0 Attachment
                        > i find that impossible to believe

                        ME TOO!

                        in fact the point of the question is the exact number, but sure it
                        is bigger than 500!

                        if you go to vintagesynth.com you will find out that it has been
                        voted 414 times (rate 4.4/5)...

                        yes, we're not sure that ONLY the ones who really own one have voted
                        (not counting the 2nd and maybe 3rd hand OBie out there), BTW the
                        huge number of votes and the fact that vintagesynth is not Google,
                        let us think there are thousands OBie out there!

                        BUT WHO KNOWS THE EXACT NUMBER?

                        see ya

                        Fabio

                        --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com, jammer <jammer@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > somethingkillingyou wrote:
                        > > Hi folks
                        > >
                        > > a guy on ebay is selling is OBie claming that "only around 500
                        units
                        > > were produced, making it a very rare synth"...
                        > >
                        > > is it true? I asked Viscount several times about the # of units
                        made,
                        > > but they never answered...
                        > >
                        > > If someone knows it, I'd like to get an answer!
                        > >
                        > > bye
                        > >
                        > > Fabio
                        >
                        >
                        > i find that impossible to believe
                        >
                        > --
                        > jammer
                        > www.jammer.biz
                        > www.myspace.com/findjammer
                        >
                      • Banquo
                        Does anyone know if there is a way to have a Hold function on the OB? I m not talking about the OB s Hold function that s on the arpegiattor, I m talking about
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 30, 2006
                        • 0 Attachment
                          Does anyone know if there is a way to have a Hold function on the OB?

                          I'm not talking about the OB's Hold function that's on the arpegiattor,
                          I'm talking about a Hold fcuntion where you can play a chord, press Hold
                          and that chord plays until you press Hold again.

                          I've been using my Alesis Micron live up to this point (which has a Hold
                          function as I describe, and whihc I use a LOT), but the rest of the band
                          think the Micron sounds like shit, and want Big Blue to come back into
                          the live rig. But I need that damned Hold function...
                        • somethingkillingyou
                          use a pedal! ... arpegiattor, ... Hold ... Hold ... band ... into
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 30, 2006
                          • 0 Attachment
                            use a pedal!


                            --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com, Banquo <banquo@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > Does anyone know if there is a way to have a Hold function on the OB?
                            >
                            > I'm not talking about the OB's Hold function that's on the
                            arpegiattor,
                            > I'm talking about a Hold fcuntion where you can play a chord, press
                            Hold
                            > and that chord plays until you press Hold again.
                            >
                            > I've been using my Alesis Micron live up to this point (which has a
                            Hold
                            > function as I describe, and whihc I use a LOT), but the rest of the
                            band
                            > think the Micron sounds like shit, and want Big Blue to come back
                            into
                            > the live rig. But I need that damned Hold function...
                            >
                          • Banquo
                            A sustain pedal? No, I ve already got one, but that s not what I m talking about. What I was doing with the Micron was playing an intro on the Micron, pressing
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jul 1, 2006
                            • 0 Attachment
                              A sustain pedal? No, I've already got one, but that's not what I'm
                              talking about.

                              What I was doing with the Micron was playing an intro on the Micron,
                              pressing Hold at the end (the Micron then drones on that chord), and
                              transferring to guitar to play the rest of the song. I would switch the
                              Micron out of the song during choruses by tapping a MIDI pedal that set
                              the master volume to zero, then bringing it back in by pressing the same
                              pedal, which would then put the master volume back up to 127. Keeping my
                              foot held down on a pedal for an entire verse is not only a pain in the
                              butt, it would also mean I can't easily change my guitar pedals (which I
                              need to do) or move around (which I also need to do!), or concentrate on
                              singing (which I also need to do!).

                              Having re-read the manual and done some reading of the MIDI specs I
                              don't think it's possible on the OB. However I might be able to use the
                              phrase sampler to do it, if I can figure that out.

                              B

                              somethingkillingyou wrote:
                              >
                              > use a pedal!
                              >
                              > --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com
                              > <mailto:FriendsofOB12%40yahoogroups.com>, Banquo <banquo@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Does anyone know if there is a way to have a Hold function on the OB?
                              > >
                              > > I'm not talking about the OB's Hold function that's on the
                              > arpegiattor,
                              > > I'm talking about a Hold fcuntion where you can play a chord, press
                              > Hold
                              > > and that chord plays until you press Hold again.
                              > >
                              > > I've been using my Alesis Micron live up to this point (which has a
                              > Hold
                              > > function as I describe, and whihc I use a LOT), but the rest of the
                              > band
                              > > think the Micron sounds like shit, and want Big Blue to come back
                              > into
                              > > the live rig. But I need that damned Hold function...
                              > >
                              >
                              >
                            • Jez
                              Just done that with a Yamaha Sustain pedal. It works the wrong way round. Plug pedal in to Switch 1, depress it, play chord, let go, and the chord stays. I d
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jul 1, 2006
                              • 0 Attachment
                                Just done that with a Yamaha Sustain pedal.

                                It works the "wrong" way round.

                                Plug pedal in to Switch 1, depress it, play chord, let go, and the chord stays.

                                I'd guesss it would work with a straight toggle switch as well.

                                On 7/1/06, Banquo <banquo@...> wrote:
                                > A sustain pedal? No, I've already got one, but that's not what I'm
                                > talking about.
                                >
                                > What I was doing with the Micron was playing an intro on the Micron,
                                > pressing Hold at the end (the Micron then drones on that chord), and
                                > transferring to guitar to play the rest of the song. I would switch the
                                > Micron out of the song during choruses by tapping a MIDI pedal that set
                                > the master volume to zero, then bringing it back in by pressing the same
                                > pedal, which would then put the master volume back up to 127. Keeping my
                                > foot held down on a pedal for an entire verse is not only a pain in the
                                > butt, it would also mean I can't easily change my guitar pedals (which I
                                > need to do) or move around (which I also need to do!), or concentrate on
                                > singing (which I also need to do!).
                                >
                                > Having re-read the manual and done some reading of the MIDI specs I
                                > don't think it's possible on the OB. However I might be able to use the
                                > phrase sampler to do it, if I can figure that out.
                                >
                                > B
                                >
                                > somethingkillingyou wrote:
                                > >
                                > > use a pedal!
                                > >
                                > > --- In FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com
                                > > <mailto:FriendsofOB12%40yahoogroups.com>, Banquo <banquo@...> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Does anyone know if there is a way to have a Hold function on the OB?
                                > > >
                                > > > I'm not talking about the OB's Hold function that's on the
                                > > arpegiattor,
                                > > > I'm talking about a Hold fcuntion where you can play a chord, press
                                > > Hold
                                > > > and that chord plays until you press Hold again.
                                > > >
                                > > > I've been using my Alesis Micron live up to this point (which has a
                                > > Hold
                                > > > function as I describe, and whihc I use a LOT), but the rest of the
                                > > band
                                > > > think the Micron sounds like shit, and want Big Blue to come back
                                > > into
                                > > > the live rig. But I need that damned Hold function...
                                > > >
                                > >
                                > >
                                >
                                >
                                >
                                >
                                >
                                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                >
                                >
                                >
                                >
                                >
                                >
                                >
                                >
                              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.