RE: [OB12] photos

  • Tobias Radeskog
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2004
      I've gotten the backlight flicker.
      Sent in for warranty repair.
      Got whole display system replaced and contacts hard-soldered to prevent the
      problem from happening again Worked fine, for a few weeks...
      But it didn't last forever.
      Despite not even touching the Obie for half a year after that, when I was
      going to take up music making a couple months ago, it started to flicker
      again.

      Sigh.

      So I guess it's not only a matter of loosely fitting contacts.

      Tobias Radeskog

      >From: "chrisbob12" <chris.brasted@...>
      >To: FriendsofOB12@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [OB12] photos
      >Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:50:14 -0000
      >
      >Help! I've got the dreaded backlight flicker and I think I'm going to
      >have to open up my Obie. Before I do that I'd quite like a preview of
      >what to expect.
      >
      >Grrrdtz refers to photos in message 1772, but I can't find them on
      >the 'friends of OB12' site, in fact, I can't find any of the files
      >which I remember were posted here.
      >
      >Am I cracking up, or has stuff been removed?
      >
      >Chris.

    • abtrent88ger
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 26, 2004
        Is it 100 percent sure the probs
        are not depending of:

        1. magnetic fields (speakers)
        2. electric fields (powersupply)
        3. earth radiancy ???

        It is significant, that the probs
        only arise to some users sometimes
        in repetition !

        Make a change first (position, room, ...)
        to exclude this first.