RE: [OB12] *!#@ OB12 backlight goes south again

  • Michael Thompson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
      Hello. I have noticed a flickering black light, however when I changed the
      polarity, the flickering oddly increased or decreased. But I have not
      noticed any problems with the synth it self. But should I be concerned?

      Oh well, best reguards..

      -miek

      >I had my OB in for repair for 5 weeks July - August due to faulty backlight
      >(only 1/4 lamps worked). Warranty service was very nice, only reason it
      >took
      >so long was because Viscount had to send a new display from Italy... He
      >also
      >soldered the display power contacts to the mainboard, to prevent the
      >problem
      >from occuring again.
      >
      >As I haven't had much free time on my hands this fall at all, I have barely
      >used it until recently. And guess what happened today?
      >
      >the *!@# backlight has started screwing with me again. It's the same three
      >lamps that have failed as on the first display. No knocks, no bumps, no
      >usage, nothing. It seems as if the backlight is being fed by an incorrect
      >voltage or something.
      >
      >Dang this sucks. I hope I can talk my music shop into fixing this or
      >getting
      >moneyback / exchange to something else.
      >
      >The backlight flickering also means that the synth engine gets unstable and
      >can crash onstage to send out the worst TERROR NOISE anyone of you has ever
      >heard. So, my OB12 with flickering backlight is an useless OB12.
      >
      >What a great new-year's eve gift!
      >
      >Happy New Year to all of you... and may your OB's be blessed from any
      >trouble whatsoever.
      >
      >Tobias Radeskog
      >+46(0)706523586

      Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now!
      http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
    • Tobias Radeskog
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2004
        It's not as bad as I first thought... The flickering doesn't seem to crash
        the synth engine now, at least. Question is just what is easiest, talking my
        music shop into repairing the BL again or actually building my own
        backlight...

        Tobias Radeskog
        +46(0)706523586