Ob-12

  • Zeek
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
      Maybe some can help me. I have an OB-12 and I need to know how to do something. When I find a sound that I like and alter all the knobs and buttons to the way that I like it, It dosn't seem to stay that way when I try to save what I had altered.

      How do I do his?

      How do I save an preset so that it will stay the exact way that I set it to whin I go back to it?

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
    • mark brown
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2003
        hello zeek, most of us had this problem when we first
        got our ob12's. there is a timbre mode and a program
        mode. timbre's are the sounds and programs are like a
        performance set of up to four timbre's split, layered,
        or used as a multitimbral setup. If you wish to create
        or change a sound you must be in timbre mode to save it.

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
      • Jez
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2003
          You have 2 modes you can save when you save a sound.

          In the Mode and Set-Up buttons, you have Program and Timbre. A timbre is a single sound. When you're in Timbre mode, if you press the write button, it saves the sound itself. When you're in Program mose, it saves the combination of sounds and effects that make up that program.

          So if you change say a filter value (sound), you save the timbre; if you change the delay time (effect), you save the program.